Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Double Application Recon advise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Double Application Recon advise?

Hi, 

I accidentally applied for two Chase cards -- Freedom and Freedom Unlimited -- at the same time. I read right after that the applications need to be staggered by at least one day. My Freedom Unlimited was accepted instantly and Freedom denied (after I called), as expected. I got the letter today, which gave me the expected "too many new accounts" reason.

If I call recon, am I likely (or at all possible) to get the decision reversed? I've had the Chase Sapphire Preferred for almost a year, and I haven't applied for any other cards since. 

Any ideas / suggestions / help? Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Double Application Recon advise?

Unfortunately, they will not reconsider the declined application.  The days of double-dipping with Chase CC applications have long sailed OP.  Just be grateful for the Freedom Unlimited being accepted/approved. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Unfortunately, they will not reconsider the declined application.  The days of double-dipping with Chase CC applications have long sailed OP.  Just be grateful for the Freedom Unlimited being accepted/approved. 

Even if I have not applied for any other chase cards in the last 8 months? Can't you apply for up to two a month? I didn't mean to double dip, I just didn't know I was supposed to separate apps by a day. I just want to move my banking with them and get rewards based on their categories.

Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Even if I have not applied for any other chase cards in the last 8 months? Can't you apply for up to two a month? I didn't mean to double dip, I just didn't know I was supposed to separate apps by a day. I just want to move my banking with them and get rewards based on their categories.

Separate Chase apps by 6 months at least, not days 

If you want to keep the Freedom, I'd just let it go 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has been known to cancel second cards approved in a short amount of time after the first, just wait a few months. Ideally space your Chase apps by 6 months. You don’t want to give them a reason to close your accounts and they’re not shy about doing so. 

ETA: Remedios beat me to the post. 

Message 5 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase has been known to cancel second cards approved in a short amount of time after the first, just wait a few months. Ideally space your Chase apps by 6 months. You don’t want to give them a reason to close your accounts and they’re not shy about doing so. 

ETA: Remedios beat me to the post. 

This exactly. You need to space Chase apps out by 6 months at this point. Two in one day is no longer advisable at all. I would just leave it alone and not try to recon; that's just putting more eyes on your account.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, 

I accidentally applied for two Chase cards -- Freedom and Freedom Unlimited -- at the same time. I read right after that the applications need to be staggered by at least one day. My Freedom Unlimited was accepted instantly and Freedom denied (after I called), as expected. I got the letter today, which gave me the expected "too many new accounts" reason.

If I call recon, am I likely (or at all possible) to get the decision reversed? I've had the Chase Sapphire Preferred for almost a year, and I haven't applied for any other cards since. 

Well...you were warned about making multiple Chase applications in a thread you started just a few days ago: High Chase Credit Limit Concern?

If you recon and bring additional attention to your account, there's a strong possibility that Chase will close all your existing accounts and there goes your dream of the "Chase Quadfecta."

In that other thread you said you got the Chase Freedom one week after the CSR.  Here you're saying you've had the CSP for almost a year and you haven't made any other apps, but then approved for the Freedom Unlimited.  Something's not adding up.

"Today I got the Chase Freedom, about a week after I got the CSR"

Message 7 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, 

Well...you were warned about making multiple Chase applications in a thread you started just a few days ago: High Chase Credit Limit Concern?

If you recon and bring additional attention to your account, there's a strong possibility that Chase will close all your existing accounts and there goes your dream of the "Chase Quadfecta."

In that other thread you said you got the Chase Freedom one week after the CSR.  Here you're saying you've had the CSP for almost a year and you haven't made any other apps, but then approved for the Freedom Unlimited.  Something's not adding up.

"Today I got the Chase Freedom, about a week after I got the CSR"

+1000 @MaizeandBlue

Really @chasefire3? Hopefully, next time you will take heed and listen to the forum especially if you're asking for advice

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Op: We told you so...

You play with fire and got burned OP...

If you pursue the issue and try to Recon with Chase its very likely youll be AA'ed and have NO chase cards...

Wait 6 months and try again for the second card..... and I wouldnt apply for any other cards untill then and even that id wait on....

This is a teachable lesson.. Almost No One these days is above Chases new policies... You got greedy and it didnt pan out...

Good luck next time and thanks for playing with Chase.. 

-J

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.