Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Double Dip no longer Works

tag
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Chase Double Dip no longer Works

Looks like applying for 2 Chase credit cards to combine hard inquiries on the sameday no longer works

Both applications are initially approved, but then Chase will automatically close an account. The first application is approved, and the second application is rejected. A Chase representative will call you to ask if you applied for both cards, and they might let you choose which card to keep open.

can anyone verify this to be true? any here applied for 2 chase cards on the sameday this week?

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Double Dip no longer Works

It’s confiemed. My friend applied for the Mariott Card and Freedom on Friday. Got the 30 day notice message and called recon line. They said he couldn’t open two accounts on the same day and closed the Freedom (2nd app)

The worst part is he asked if it will be one hard pull or two the rep said, “Two”

We’ll see if that part is the case.

My friend sent me this as I was typing this:

<Mod note:  Sorry, links to that aren't allowed.  --UB>

Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Is you are talking about like the CSP/CSR they catch 99% of those now and pick one or you pick one and they close the other down.. I believe you still can get like a freedom and CSP same day though.  If that is what you are referring to being csp/csr?

Message 3 of 10
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity - any 2 Chase credit cards. Like for example the CF and CSP sameday

@MTrezza - thanks for sharing that youtube video

Anyone else can confirmed this?

Have the Following:

Message 4 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Believe you still can get two chase cards in one day, just not two of the same card family csp/csr as mentioned although something could of changed with the evolving world of chase

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brother was instant approved for the freedom and tried to apply for the preferred and got rejected — he was pre approved for both — will update when he gets the letter for the 2nd card
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This for sure is true!! A couple of months back I applied for CSP and SLATE(please don't ask me why... lol) on the same day. The first application was CSP and the second was a SLATE and SLATE got rejected. And I had to take 2 HP's for them. One for CSP and the other for SLATE.  

Message 7 of 10
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else can confirmed this? Planing on apping for the CFU and CSP next week. But would like know before I app.

Thank you All for your support!

Have the Following:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cold apping I can’t help you but as a data point for you and others I had three offers in my Chase bank account a few weeks ago and got two of them. Balance transferred to Slate already and using CSP. No problems as of yet. Have three Chase cards total now.

Another member also got two Chase cards on the same day just a week or so ago but again they were offers. Just putting that out there for DP

Message 9 of 10
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Don't do it. It's just not worth it.

I read tons of data points on reddit about people getting approved for 2 cards and Chase closing one of them later on (The second one you got approved for). most of them grabbed the CSR/CSP and something else or both of them.

I have a crazy data point that I will share later on but I am not sure if this was a wave and Chase stopped or its ongoing.

Thanks,

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.