Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Double Hard Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Double Hard Pull

I had this same thing happen when I got my CFU. They needed to verify some security info and pulled the report a second time. Irritated me greatly.
Message 11 of 18
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

OP

Sorry this happened to you. Contact Chase and see if they are willing to cancel the second HP.

There is a lesson to learn here which is keep everything frozen or locked at all times and only unlock for a couple of min. when you submit an app. then lock right after, this ensures that those banks will never pull anything without your knowledge.

Message 12 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes sometimes they will do it as a security check, but usually that is where the 2nd CRA comes into play, not usually two from the same CRA.  It might be worth a call calling them up or the EO up and asking them to recode the second HP as a SP as they can certainly do that, if they will is a different story.

Message 13 of 18
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

I just applied yesterday for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and got hit with both an Equifax and an Experian hard pull. Are you saying this is common? Doesn’t seem fair. Can I complain and get one removed?

Note - I got declined solely for the dreaded 5/24.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myquestionsfico wrote:
I just applied yesterday for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and got hit with both an Equifax and an Experian hard pull. Are you saying this is common? Doesn’t seem fair. Can I complain and get one removed?

You can complain, but it won't help. Many lenders double pull and one actually triple pulls. It's their prerogative. 
Also 5/24 is very real. Did you know about it before you applied? 

Message 15 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myquestionsfico wrote:

Unfortunately, that's part of Chase's UW process, so no the HP will likely not be removed since it's considered permissible purpose.  It has been known for some time that Chase tends to pull 2 CRs in conjunction with an application - whether approved or denied.   This tends to vary by profile since some individuals sometimes incur only 1 HP.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned, single pull, double pull or triple pull as seen with capital one is their choice.

As for 5/24, that's not an official rule with chase but more like a case by case basis. Hence, the reason why many bypass it. But, sorry for the denial.

Message 17 of 18
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

In the last few months,

Chase pulled my EX for the CF.

Chase pulled my EX+TU for the CSP.

State: TX

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.