Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approval Odds?

tag
nukelierninja
Valued Member

Chase Freedom Approval Odds?

Hello All,

I am looking at Applying for the Chase Freedom card and a few others as I am looking for replacements for my Uber card with the nerf comming. The reason for this card first over other options (WF Propel, Cap1 SavorOne), is because I am sitting at 4/24 right now and having a second 5% rotating card (with my discover) would be handy. Anyway I have some questions about approval odds as I have just over 2 years of Credit History with my own accounts but also have 2 AU accounts. I am an AU on this card (Chase Freedom - parents) already as well. Will being an AU on this card give me an auto-denial because I technically already have it? How will that effect me, if at all?

What does Chase look for usually? Is there a data points form already started for this card? I was not able to find one.

I do have a Chase Checking account that I just opened in August for the 200$ bonus and have $3200 in it currenty.

I am also a Student and working part-time I make around 20k per year.

Here are my stats: 

2% Overall Util - AAoA 3 Years 4 Months

TU - 790 - 3 HP

EQ - 772 - 6 HP

EX - 794 - 6 HP

ALL of my accounts and the AU ones have never had a late payment

US Bank Joint Auto Loan - 6200 reporting left of 10k loan  - 2 Years 1 Month

Discover It Student Cashback - 10k CL - 2 Years 1 Month - 0% Util

BoA Travel Rewards - 5500 CL - 1.5 Years - 0% Util

Citi AA Mileup - 6700 CL - 1 Year 4 Months - 1% Util

Paypal Cash Back Mastercard - 10k CL - 1 Year 2 Months - 9% Util

Barclays Uber Visa - 5500 CL - 8 Months - 10%

I also am on a couple of my parents accounts as a AU 

Chase Freedom - 25300 CL - 12 Years 3 Months - 0% Util

Capital One Quicksilver - 20k Limit - 5 Years 11 Months - 2% Util

Thank you all in advance for any feedback and advice!

Discover IT Student Cash Back - 10,000 CL
Bank of America Travel Rewards - 40,000CL
American Airlines MileUp - 12,200 CL
Paypal Cash Back Mastercard - 20,000 CL
Barclays Uber Visa - 5,500 CL
Chase Freedom - 6,900 CL
US Bank Cash+ - SL 10,000 - CL 24,000
US Bank Altitude GO - SL 10,000 - CL 25,000
Citi Custom Cash - 10,300 CL
SoFi World Master Card - 15,000 SL - 15,000 CL

Authorized User Cards

Capital One Quicksilver - 20,000 CL
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Approval Odds?

Have you checked to see if you're prequalified? I would be very surprised with your stats if you're declined. AU cards don't preclude you from getting any other cards and your own personal age of accounts is decent enough plus you have history with them of your own. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like the previous post, have you checked Chase’s prequal tool to check if you’re already prequalified for the card? With your stats I think you’d be good to go. Let us know
Message 3 of 10
nukelierninja
Valued Member

I have checked the prequalified, I prequalify for the Chase Freedom Unlimited, and Chase Sapphire Preferred. HOWEVER I do have a set APR for both. I read that is usually a good sign! I dont seem to prequal for the Freedom. Does that matter if I prequal for 1 of the Freedom cards?
Chase Freedom - 6,900 CL

Authorized User Cards

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it shouldn't matter. If you're prequalified for CSP, you should be able to get any other card they have except maybe CSR. 

Message 5 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@nukelierninja wrote:

Hello All,

I am looking at Applying for the Chase Freedom card and a few others as I am looking for replacements for my Uber card with the nerf comming. The reason for this card first over other options (WF Propel, Cap1 SavorOne), is because I am sitting at 4/24 right now and having a second 5% rotating card (with my discover) would be handy. Anyway I have some questions about approval odds as I have just over 2 years of Credit History with my own accounts but also have 2 AU accounts. I am an AU on this card (Chase Freedom - parents) already as well. Will being an AU on this card give me an auto-denial because I technically already have it? How will that effect me, if at all?

What does Chase look for usually? Is there a data points form already started for this card? I was not able to find one.

I do have a Chase Checking account that I just opened in August for the 200$ bonus and have $3200 in it currenty.

I am also a Student and working part-time I make around 20k per year.

Here are my stats: 

2% Overall Util - AAoA 3 Years 4 Months

TU - 790 - 3 HP

EQ - 772 - 6 HP

EX - 794 - 6 HP

ALL of my accounts and the AU ones have never had a late payment

US Bank Joint Auto Loan - 6200 reporting left of 10k loan  - 2 Years 1 Month

Discover It Student Cashback - 10k CL - 2 Years 1 Month - 0% Util

BoA Travel Rewards - 5500 CL - 1.5 Years - 0% Util

Citi AA Mileup - 6700 CL - 1 Year 4 Months - 1% Util

Paypal Cash Back Mastercard - 10k CL - 1 Year 2 Months - 9% Util

Barclays Uber Visa - 5500 CL - 8 Months - 10%

I also am on a couple of my parents accounts as a AU 

Chase Freedom - 25300 CL - 12 Years 3 Months - 0% Util

Capital One Quicksilver - 20k Limit - 5 Years 11 Months - 2% Util

Thank you all in advance for any feedback and advice!

My first Chase card, I was approved with a lot less than what you have,

Lower scores and No Chase Banking relationship at the time.

I was approved for $16.6K, and I had no other open card at even 1/2 of that limit.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you’re good tbh. I got approved for 2k the other week with a 645 credit score.
Message 7 of 10
nukelierninja
Valued Member

Thank you all for your responses! I just applied today and was APPROVED for a 3900SL. Chase pulled 2 Credit Reports, one from EX and EQ. I got notifications from both of them stating Chase had pulled a report.

I was hoping to get a 5k SL to get a Visa Signiture and tried to recon the SL but the lady said it would be another HP, not worth it as I want to possibly app for a few more cards in a few months. The backdoor number posted on the backdoor number page in this form was closed, might try again tomorrow, so I called another chase number to speak with a rep. Will chase re-eval the SL with a softpull if I call the official backdoor number when they are open?

I might ask it in a new form/post but thought I would as this here first with a question regarding the 5/24 rule. This card now puts me at 5/24, what should be the MINIMUM time I have between now and applying for my next card as I do not want Chase to close this card if they notice up to a few other cards opened? I have heard they will do that if you open other accounts too quickly after getting a card from them (when over 5/24). Is this true or does anyone have experiances with this?

I am thinking about apping the USB Cash+, Ducks Unlimited, and either WF Propel or CapOne SavorOne.

Chase Freedom - 6,900 CL

Authorized User Cards

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nukelierninja wrote:

Thank you all for your responses! I just applied today and was APPROVED for a 3900SL. Chase pulled 2 Credit Reports, one from EX and EQ. I got notifications from both of them stating Chase had pulled a report.

I was hoping to get a 5k SL to get a Visa Signiture and tried to recon the SL but the lady said it would be another HP, not worth it as I want to possibly app for a few more cards in a few months. The backdoor number posted on the backdoor number page in this form was closed, might try again tomorrow, so I called another chase number to speak with a rep. Will chase re-eval the SL with a softpull if I call the official backdoor number when they are open?

I might ask it in a new form/post but thought I would as this here first with a question regarding the 5/24 rule. This card now puts me at 5/24, what should be the MINIMUM time I have between now and applying for my next card as I do not want Chase to close this card if they notice up to a few other cards opened? I have heard they will do that if you open other accounts too quickly after getting a card from them (when over 5/24). Is this true or does anyone have experiances with this?

I am thinking about apping the USB Cash+, Ducks Unlimited, and either WF Propel or CapOne SavorOne.

Just something to keep in mind, any requests to reconsider your initial SL will be a HP - there's no SP option, unfortunately.   So, no guarantee they will approve the CLI, but it's totally up to you if you wish to pursue the CLI.

IMO, and based on a variety of data points, I would definitely space your next applications.  3-6 months would likely be ideal. 

Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Needless to say, congrats on the approval @nukelierninja.

Locking this thread as you have been approved.  Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.