Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Approval Odds

Hey everyone, I want to apply for the Chase Freedom and was wondering what my odds of approval are. Currently have BoA CashRewards (9/16 - 9k CL) and a Discover IT (9/17 - 1k CL). I was thinking of applying for freedom when my first statement for my Discover card is reported. My ultimate goal is to get CSP around 9/18.

• Transunion: 716
  • Equifax: 725
  • FICO (according to BoA & Discover): 710

Would I be able to apply right away or should I wait a couple of months? Any tips and advice are welcome!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Approval Odds

You may have a solid chance. Would try the pre approval site first and see if you get any love. If no love then go ahead and apply, you should have a solid chance at a recon if you get denied. My wife was approved with less history than you and about the same scores
Message 2 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

+1 but I would apply immediately if the Discover isn’t reporting yet! You will take a score dip for a new account reporting and right now if you just have that $9k card, your average credit line is much higher than it will be when the Discover reports.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover card already appears on my reports according to creditkarma, but my first statement hasn't ended yet. Should i still apply immediately or wait until my first statement closes?

Message 4 of 21
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Have you check Chase pre-qualified offers?

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. No love. Says no offers available in my area. There are no Chase banks in the area I live

Message 6 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Now that I remember it, Discover DID report my account weeks before my first statement cut! (I was a bit angry since I was purposely using the entire credit line and kept paying it trying to force a huge CLI since they strangely gave me training wheels; I think it reported like 95% utilization and I had planned to let it report reasonably when the statement was ready. LOL)

I’d look at the prequalification page and see what comes up, but I think you do have a decent shot at approval.  I don’t think waiting for your first statement to report will necessarily improve your odds and could be lower if the utilization were higher then.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the pre-approval page. No love. Says offers are not available at this time. I also have no chase banks in my area. Do you recommend i pull the trigger?

Message 8 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I think you have good odds, but don’t take my word for it - I’m not a Chase underwriter, and a denial IS a possibility. If that happens and you are comfortable with calling to speak with one of their credit analysts to recon I think you have a good shot at that. You can tell them that you want the card to establish the relationship with them so that you can later pair it up with a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve. Ultimately it’s choice to apply. Don’t put that burden on me! LOL Please let us know what you decide though. Best of luck!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahah don't feel burdened at all. But i will definitely update

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.