cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - To App or Not to App (UPDATED - Approved!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom - To App or Not to App (UPDATED - Approved!)

I'd like to try if there's a reasonable chance of approval, but not take the hard pull if it's hopeless. It's hard to not want to move up to the grown ups table.  Smiley LOL 

Scores are good, EX 769 0 INQ, TU 750 1 INQ, EQ 750 1 INQ.  I bank with Chase and have way more than 10K in my accounts.  No baddies, but I only have about 8 months of history. 

Update - Instant approval for $1500!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom - To App or Not to App

Im not sure why you would NOT be approved. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

go for the ultimate.but be ready to call back door number for a recon. tell them you have 10k  in chase account

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Chynnac, it looks like your chances of getting the Freedom are very good. Banking with Chase is a big help, in my experience. Good luck!

Message 4 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to try if there's a reasonable chance of approval, but not take the hard pull if it's hopeless. It's hard to not want to move up to the grown ups table.  Smiley LOL 

Scores are good, EX 769 0 INQ, TU 750 1 INQ, EQ 750 1 INQ.  I bank with Chase and have way more than 10K in my accounts.  No baddies, but I only have about 8 months of history. 

It is rumored that Chase likes to see a year of history.

I have no idea if that's true or not but it seems like they'd be nuts not to give you the Freedom if you applied.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check to see if you pre-qualify for any of their cards? If you Google  "Chase pre-qualify" you will be able to get to link for their pre-qualification site. 

Good luck!

Message 6 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I would think you would be approved also. It wouldn't hurt to check the prequal site either.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't have any prequals, but I went for it anyways.  Approved, SL $1500!  APR is high but not relevant since I'll never carry a balance.  And it's a foot in the door with a prime lender, when my only other card is a Cap1 secured. (And a foot securely crooked around a chair leg at the grown ups' table. Smiley Very Happy)

Thanks all for the enouragement!  No idea why I'm so timid with these things, since all they can do is say no and I'd have moved on to some other lender that wanted my business.  The next one will be easier, but that won't be for a while.

Message 8 of 11
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - To App or Not to App (UPDATED - Approved!)

Congrats. Chase likes the 10k to start in accounts

Message 9 of 11
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't have any prequals, but I went for it anyways.  Approved, SL $1500!  APR is high but not relevant since I'll never carry a balance.  And it's a foot in the door with a prime lender, when my only other card is a Cap1 secured. (And a foot securely crooked around a chair leg at the grown ups' table. Smiley Very Happy)

Thanks all for the enouragement!  No idea why I'm so timid with these things, since all they can do is say no and I'd have moved on to some other lender that wanted my business.  The next one will be easier, but that won't be for a while.

After some months of payments, your second chase card will get the big CL.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.