cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI approval odds?

Hello! Have been rebuilding my credit for about a year now and have gotten my scores up TU 639 EQ 683 EX 695 current scores, all scores were 550-580 a year ago. Started off in Sep 2016 with Secured Capital One $200 limit - Auto increase now $500, Mar 2017 Capital One QuickS One $500 limit , Jun 2017 AmEx BCE $1,000 limit - Increased after 60 days to $3,000 limit, June 2017 Chase Freedom Unlimited $500 limit, Aug 2017 AmEx Premier Rewards Gold CHARGE CARD. Right now I have 18% utilization across all cards, 100% Payment history and $57k income, I use the AmEx BCE and Chase FrUn more because of the cash rewards, but only using about 50% on the Chase card beacuse of the low CL of 500, what are your recomendations as far as the timing of when to ask for a CLI with them, I know they do a HP for a CLI so I wanna do when the time is right and tips on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI approval odds?

I wouldn't do an HP without a year of history.  Make sure you have your income entered on the Chase website which can help with auto CLIs opportunities without an HP.

Message 2 of 12
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Welcome! Do you have a banking relationship with Chase other than the Freedom Unlimited card? That sometimes helps win Chase's approval for both cards and CLIs.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No just the Credit Card, no chase branches here where I live, 2 opening up later this year though.
Message 4 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It will take some time but i would conserve the HP to Chase for later after you add a bit more history.

In the meantime since you can't help but sweat the low Chase limit right now, you could add another card after researching this forum for your best chance at a higher limit start line card then that.

You just have to SEARCH and fish them out. They're there.

Really hate to see you waste a HP that can be better spent with another Lender. While waiting on some history with Chase to get some time on it, check into other options which in turn can also improve your Chase standing too.

Hope that helps but get more opinions, search the forums to compare your profile with others like it (and like FICO Scores) and set out your best possible chances.

All the best Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 6 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

Just to play the other side... I took a HP at 8 months to try for a CLI. I also had a $500 SL and was paying the card off multiple times a month. I requested a CLI to $5k and when I was asked why, I told them to look at my payment history and explained I wanted to use the card more. The CLI was approved Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, I will continue using it alot and PIF a few times a month and give it some time and try the CLI
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often does chase send put luv ? Is it every 6 months like clock work or is it really random?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out luv...... not put luv.... sry 4 typo
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.