cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines

Girlfriend opened up a CFU in Mar 2016 with iniital CL was $1500.  One year later, March 2017, she called and asked for CLI which was approved to $8500 with a hard pull of her credit report.  My questions are, how often does Chase offer automatic CLI's?  Are they a soft pull?  From what I've been reading it seems like Chase credit cards take a while to grow.  Would that be correct?  

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines

Congrats on the CLI. Most people take the HP as otherwise they may never get a CLI on their Chase cards. I've not seen any good rhyme/reason as to when Chase gives auto CLIs. In my experience I got one on my Chase Freedom card back in 2010. I went from 5K to 6K in 6 months. Then nothing until a few months ago. They took it from 6K to 10.5K. If I ever wanted that higher I would apply for a new Chase card and move some of the credit line over to it. There are some datapoints about new accounts getting more generous credit lines than requesting a HP CLI on an existing account.

 

Message 2 of 14
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines

So Elk, you're increase was requested by you thru a hard pull?

Message 3 of 14
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines

your** not you're...sorry about that...

Message 4 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines


@Rty7186 wrote:

So Elk, you're increase was requested by you thru a hard pull?


Mine were auto but look how far apart they were. 2010 (1K increase) and 2017 (4.5K increase). I'm just saying I would not rely on auto luv from Chase. But rather take the HP like you did requesting a CLI on existing card or take a HP by apping for a new card and shifting some of the CL over to an existing account. 

Message 5 of 14
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines

Ok, thanks for the info!!

Message 6 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines


@Elktech wrote:

Congrats on the CLI. Most people take the HP as otherwise they may never get a CLI on their Chase cards. I've not seen any good rhyme/reason as to when Chase gives auto CLIs. In my experience I got one on my Chase Freedom card back in 2010. I went from 5K to 6K in 6 months. Then nothing until a few months ago. They took it from 6K to 10.5K. If I ever wanted that higher I would apply for a new Chase card and move some of the credit line over to it. There are some datapoints about new accounts getting more generous credit lines than requesting a HP CLI on an existing account.

 

That was my experience today, I never had a CLI on my existing CFU that I've had since June 2016 (10K SL), but when I app'd today for the CSP I was approved with a 24K SL.

 

Congrats OP on your CLI!

 

Message 7 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines


@Rty7186 wrote:

your** not you're...sorry about that...


You grammar Nazi'd yourself? Capital!!! LoL!!! Unless you're on mobile, you can edit your posts. 



Okay, I tried... Code wouldn't cooperate. Tried for 3 hours!!!
CapOne WMTMC 10K
AMEX GREEN NPSL
AMEX ED 23.5K
Message 8 of 14
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines

Congrats ChessChik47!!! That's an awesome Credit Approval for CSP!! That's what I have my eye on and I feel that if I'm going to take a hit with a HP, I will wait and apply for a New Account with Chase and most likely get a higher SL. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI's guidelines


@Gardener76 wrote:

@Rty7186 wrote:

your** not you're...sorry about that...


You grammar Nazi'd yourself? Capital!!! LoL!!! Unless you're on mobile, you can edit your posts. 


You can on mobile, I do it all the time. Just scroll down towards the bottom of the main menu page and tap full site icon.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.