Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card app [7-10 day message]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card app [7-10 day message]

Good evening everyone, I applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited, I did not get instant approval, I got the message that they will get back with a response a soon as possible. Next day I called and I received the 30 day message, which based on posts I’ve read on the forum it means a 50/50 chance of approval. Then yesterday I called and it changed to the 7-10 day message, which I’ve read it means most likely denial, unless there was another situation with my app such as verification or etc. I called the robo-lady and smashed the 0 to speak with rep. Rep asked me 3 questions and just told me to wait on the mail I will receive further instruction on how to submit extra documents. Is this normal? Because usually people get asked questions over the phone and get approved on the spot, but I guess every app is different. By chase requesting extra documents does it mean I have better chances of approval? Or it just part of the process. I’ve read some people were asked this documents for later be approved, hopefully that’s the case. If it helps, Accoridng to ck I have a credit score of 710, going to have one year of credit history, with 3,5k cl. Utilization less than 30%. I am well aware of the 5/24 rule, I only have 2 credit cards. One with Wells Fargo, and another with discover. Hopefully I get this card. I’ve heard is a good choice as one of your first cards as long as you have a solid credit history...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card app [7-10 day message]

Are all your cards under a year?!    Typically your 'oldest' has to have the year mark if you are new to credit and of course you still have to hit their rule which it looks like you are aware of Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Also don't go by CK their vantage scores won't help as much as you may think.     

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... one of them is about to be a year this month. The discover I think I’ve had it for almost 8 months already. For the FICO scores I also referenced to the one provided by wells fargo, they use fico score 9 and that one Im at 709
Message 4 of 13
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Being asked for documents is generally a good sign.
FYI your Discover card should provide you with your FICO 08 for TU
Message 5 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi and welcome to the forums 

Sounds like it's a verification, but really no way to tell till you get the letter 

If it's verification, and they require you to send (fax) any documents, I'd do it from the branch because you'll often hear that "they did not receive them" or "poor quality"

Good luck and hope to see an approval thread from you 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much everyone!! I’ll keep you all update!!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it was indeed verification. I was supposed to receive a letter on the mail with some instructions on how to submit a copy of my drivers license and my social. But that letter never came, or maybe it’s still on it’s way, who knows. I talked to one of the reps (verification dept) and asked them about the letter and they said that they had sent it on October 14th, and I should’ve received it by now. It’s been 15 days. Long story short, I asked him if he could give me their fax number to submit the documents now instead of waiting for the snail mail and he did. But then I remembered that their fax machine sucks, so I told them if I could go into the branch and he welcomed me to do so. Today I went into the branch, submitted the docs and the banker told me I should give it about 48 hrs before I call to see if they received the docs.
Message 8 of 13
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Weirdoramma! After searching bankrate.com for high limit cards, I applied for this same card. C.L. is $20600, my fico score shot up 13 points. Approval should be fairly quick, good luck!

EXP  850 10-30-2019 pull

EX    850 10-30-2019 pull

TU    850 10-30-2019 pull

Message 9 of 13
zerofire
Valued Contributor

If they are going through the hassle of ID then an approval is sitting behind it all. Chase would most likely have sent the denial letter already if they were not happy with the reports. Do yourself a favor and go with the flow for now. And do not use Credit Karma scores since they are not FiCO. FiCO scores are what is used in lending most of the time.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.