Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom & Disney 7-10 day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom & Disney 7-10 day

So I apped for the Freedom and Disney on Saturday and for both got the 30 day email but the robo lady says 7-10 day. I'm assuming both are a denial right? I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet, but should I call a backdoor number anyway? Id like to have both even if my SL isn't high to get my foot in and prove myself. What do you think?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom & Disney 7-10 day

i recently applied for the freedom, got the 7-10 days , then a 30 day email but robo said 7-10 day which was a denial.  I called the backdoor same day for recon.  There denial was to many new accounts. but i bank with them so i had a little leverage.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you all lending or verification? Were you approved after recon?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to lending department, i was approved after recon . they did a manual review and ask me questions regarding my credit report.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so maybe I'll go ahead and call today. Thanks
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, i would definitely call and at least see . i dont think it hurts

Message 6 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Any update? I believe there is also a thread on this that may help give more insight.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I apped for the Freedom and Disney on Saturday and for both got the 30 day email but the robo lady says 7-10 day. I'm assuming both are a denial right? I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet, but should I call a backdoor number anyway? Id like to have both even if my SL isn't high to get my foot in and prove myself. What do you think?

7-10 days is usually considered to be not a good sign, but all you can do is either wait for a letter either way or you can call in at recon and see what they have to say.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I've had a hectic week. I did get the denials and it stated high util (which isn't true because I'm at 14% right now), not enough credit and collection (which I've got 2). So I'm hoping to call Tuesday and recon one or both so I'll update you guys once I do. I'm assuming they won't start me off with huge limits if successful but I don't mind right now.
Message 9 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry, I've had a hectic week. I did get the denials and it stated high util (which isn't true because I'm at 14% right now), not enough credit and collection (which I've got 2). So I'm hoping to call Tuesday and recon one or both so I'll update you guys once I do. I'm assuming they won't start me off with huge limits if successful but I don't mind right now.

Be sure to have everything in order when you call because they'll want to know everything about your finances from the first dollar you ever earned.  Those folks at Chase can be brutal...I'm guessing some of them are probably retired FBI interrogators...LOL!  But seriously, be prepared for questions about your finances because they'll certainly ask...if you have any baddies be prepared to answer for those, and also be prepared for the "how do you plan to prevent such blah blah blah in the future".  Best of luck on your recon mission!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.