cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom with no Offers Dangerous?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Freedom with no Offers Dangerous?

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have two cards.

BofA Cash Rewards with $1,700 limit (opened 12/25/18)

&
BofA Travel Rewards with $2,000 limit (opened as a secured card 2 years ago but product changed in February to Travel Rewards).

If I remember correctly, the letter said too many inquiries and late payments (which are now over 5 years old)

What I meant by dangerous is if it's pointless to apply if there are no offers available currently.

Your denials are only three months old. If you apply now, I think you'd get same result because nothing really changed with your profile since. 

I'd wait longer or try a different lender 

Message 11 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you clarify the 'spree' part? 

You're only listing two cards opened a year apart, so that can't be the spree you're referencing . I think your post is missing info. 

I bought these and only ate one.

Original SPREE Candy 1.77 oz Roll

Priceless 😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for Uber Card, Blue Cash Everyday, Chase Amazon

All 3 denied 12/25/28

With my original secured BofA inquiry from 2017 falling off, I currently stand at EX-4, TU-1, EQ-1 for inquiries.

IMHO, I wouldn’t apply for anything right now. 3 denials in 3 months don’t look good, and I’m of the belief that denials begat denials. I suggest waiting a minimum of 6 months—really a year to apply for anything else. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.