cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Hates Me!! Never signing up again.

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Hates Me!! Never signing up again.

@Anonymous wrote:

My Road to Chase Freedom Unlimited to gain history with Chase:

I only have about 3 years credit score avg 700-720 up and down, never missed a payment and always under 30% or lower I have Citi DoubeCash, Discover It, AMEX Everyday, Cap Quicksilver, and An Amex Simply Cash Plus Business card. No major CL (avg $2k-$3k each card) so I figured I would really start getting my utilization back up to par to get a nice offer. Only 1 inquiry in the last year (2 years actually) and its Chase.....tried to sign up for Chase Rewards with Amazon as it was heckling me during checkout back in 2018 April and I was denied.

All my cards are over 2 years old except my AMEX - I just figured didn't have the history. After seeing so many success stories... I figured I would wait a year and try again.....we are here in April 2019 and not much has changed. 703 score going in with the application, 89k income - and they needed more verification, I called in only to be told that its a 2-week review. I have covered all rules 2/30, 5/24, no major balances, over 700 score - this company just hates me and I'm not too confident of approval as it seems like last years story. I notice every time I use the prequalify page I get the opt-out message but it works fine for my brother who has worst FICO than me.... he's even using my Discover card as his main line for history with only 1 year under his belt total. What am I doing wrong or does Chase have me blacklisted or something - feeling really bad about not being able to do business with Chase - would love a high CL and a Chase INK Business line down the road for the travel rewards. I can't think of anything but to get my utilization down to 0% and try again next year - out of hope. Any advice would be helpful - or if there is another company that may provide a good CL...the CLI's have been slow for me except Discover's side.

If you try recon and it’s still a no approval, try getting your CC balances to less than 8.9%. 30%, IMO, is still a tad bit high. 

Also, as long as you compare your profile to your brother or other profiles, you’re going to be unhappy simply because no 2 profiles are the same, even if they look the same on the outside. Imagine how I felt 1 year ago (I ranted and raved), and closed my Chase FU because they wouldn’t approve the Chase Freedom with a 804 score and I had the green checkmark to boot. Now you know I could have compared my profile to a million Chase card holders, but I didn’t. I had to accept they instituted a new 5/24 rule and I got caught up in the middle 😩. 

So like others have said, try reconning. Also, look over your report to make sure everything is in good shape—no returned check, no missed payment, paying more than minimum, and I already talked about UT. 

GL2U 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Just give Chase back the FUSmiley Wink

😂🤣😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you try recon and it’s still a no approval, try getting your CC balances to less than 8.9%. 30%, IMO, is still a tad bit high. 

Also, as long as you compare your profile to your brother or other profiles, you’re going to be unhappy simply because no 2 profiles are the same, even if they look the same on the outside. Imagine how I felt 1 year ago (I ranted and raved), and closed my Chase FU because they wouldn’t approve the Chase Freedom with a 804 score and I had the green checkmark to boot. Now you know I could have compared my profile to a million Chase card holders, but I didn’t. I had to accept they instituted a new 5/24 rule and I got caught up in the middle 😩. 

So like others have said, try reconning. Also, look over your report to make sure everything is in good shape—no returned check, no missed payment, paying more than minimum, and I already talked about UT. 

GL2U 

Thank you @

Message 13 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

GL2U 

Thank you @

Thanks @Anonymous. Come back and tell us how things are going when you are approved for that Chase. 😁

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got another hard inquiry from Chase - 2 within 3 days (nothing I did at all). So anxious and nervous at the same time, Smiley Surprised sure hope they are working their magic. 

Message 15 of 27
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Call the status line and see what’s up. Keep us posted. If not an approval already get to a person and ask for verification. Best of luck!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 16 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got another hard inquiry from Chase - 2 within 3 days (nothing I did at all). So anxious and nervous at the same time, Smiley Surprised sure hope they are working their magic. 

Are you sure it's not delayed notification from a different CRA? 

I bet if you look, you will see that the date of inquiry is the date you applied, not today's date. 

Message 17 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

My notifications through various CMS can be spanned over the course of 5 days, all referencing same pull. 

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right!!! Looks like Nav sent the message after already alarming me. Double checked along with other platforms and 1 Chase HP all across the board. Thanks @Remedios
Message 19 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
You're right!!! Looks like Nav sent the message after already alarming me. Double checked along with other platforms and 1 Chase HP all across the board. Thanks @Remedios

You're welcome. I've fallen for that one myself, too. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.