Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless invite

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless invite

Hey everyone!

I feel like I am finally on Chase's radar!  Credit Journey still doesn't have anything for me.  But, when I went to get my mail the other day, I had this nice presentation from Chase for their Marriott Bonvoy Boundless inviting me apply as being preselected.  The offer is pretty nice too with 100,000 statement points on a $5000 spend in 3 months (good thing the other half has a rent payment of around $1500 a month that I can latch on to for a couple of months) and a $100 statement credit (which offsets the $95 annual fee for a year).  Looking at the fine print, they are quoting me a 17.74% variable APR rather than a range.

I'm getting close to being under my 5/24 after this month and am looking at February as my target date for my Chase app.  And it just so happens that this offer is availble to me until February 7th.  So, needless to say, it's very tempting and I have it in a safe place for if I pull the trigger.

My question is this for all those Chase experts out there.  How confident should I feel in one of their preselected offers coming to me that I would be approved?  I'm really giving serious thought on this one and closing out my Hilton Honors AMEX and moving the CL over to my Delta Gold.  Any input is appreciated as I want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck with Chase.  I'd probably go for one of their cash back cards, but I get more with my DC from Citi.

Thanks!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless invite

I dont forsee any problems with your app as long as you get under 5/24
You could go to the branch if you were inclined to do so, and check with banker if they show any in branch preapprovals for you.
If there are no nearby branches, hit that button once you fall below 5/24.

Good luck
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t make any predictions on starting line but it definitely sounds like chase wants you. Up to you when you apply. Good luck!
Message 3 of 10
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

I would feel quite confident, but definitly make sure you are a month or 2 past the 5/24 rule.  

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 4 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 10
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@NimbusIII wrote:

I would feel quite confident, but definitly make sure you are a month or 2 past the 5/24 rule.  

Now with the a month or two past...is that the date the account was opened?  I'm looking at my Experian report and see where my AMEX blue was opened 12/18 and my Citi and Barclays were 1/19.  So, 2/20 should be ok then to apply?  Once those three fall off, I'm 4/24 and the Chase will make 5/24.  Does that also mean I can't apply for another one after the Chase?  I'm still trying to find the right one to replace my Uber for food.  :-)

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Message 6 of 10
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

Now with the a month or two past...is that the date the account was opened?  I'm looking at my Experian report and see where my AMEX blue was opened 12/18 and my Citi and Barclays were 1/19.  So, 2/20 should be ok then to apply?  Once those three fall off, I'm 4/24 and the Chase will make 5/24.  Does that also mean I can't apply for another one after the Chase?  I'm still trying to find the right one to replace my Uber for food.  :-)

Yes, date account opened. 2 years from 12/18 would be 12/20 and 2 years from 1/19 would be 1/21. 

If you are waiting for those cards to make you under 5/24, you still have awhile to go. 

Message 7 of 10
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Hehehehe my mistake. That's what I get for not having coffee first. It was 2017 and 2018. Oops!

Message 8 of 10
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:
Hehehehe my mistake. That's what I get for not having coffee first. It was 2017 and 2018. Oops!

Ah then you should be good to go. I would think hard before wasting your last 5/24 slot on the Marriott card but it really depends how much you value Marriott. Additionally, there are some very tricky rules of getting the Amex Brilliant Bonus and Chase Marriot Boundless. Obviously one card is a premium card and the other is an entry level so you need to weigh everyone out.  Since you are in with AMEX already, I would consider a different card unless you are set on the Boundless.  WOH or one of the Sapphire cards would be places to look if you decide to go that route. 

TPG has a detailed write up about the differences and bonus restrictions if you want both Marriot cards for the points. 

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/marriott-bonvoy-boundless-credit-card-vs-bonvoy-brilliant-amex/

Message 9 of 10
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:
Ah then you should be good to go. I would think hard before wasting your last 5/24 slot on the Marriott card but it really depends how much you value Marriott. Additionally, there are some very tricky rules of getting the Amex Brilliant Bonus and Chase Marriot Boundless. Obviously one card is a premium card and the other is an entry level so you need to weigh everyone out.  Since you are in with AMEX already, I would consider a different card unless you are set on the Boundless.  WOH or one of the Sapphire cards would be places to look if you decide to go that route. 

TPG has a detailed write up about the differences and bonus restrictions if you want both Marriot cards for the points. 

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/marriott-bonvoy-boundless-credit-card-vs-bonvoy-brilliant-amex/

I'm just now getting to this.  The reply got buried in my Gmail.  :-(

I really appreciate the link.  That put the two cards into a better perspective.  The AMEX AF is a bit high for me, but it could definitely get balanced out.  I'd just have to be dilligent in making sure to make it balance out.  

Since this, I've been really exploring my options and the Chase Sapphire Preferred has really become a standout for me.  The welcome bonus is pretty nice and it looks to have the ability to earn points pretty easily.  The AF on it isn't too bad either.  And heck, it's just a nice looking card!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.