Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott approval chances

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Marriott approval chances

Hi guys b4 I do something crazy I need opinions. My scores are current in my profile. I got one collection account that was 1st reported in October 2011. I have 14 INQ on my TU report. 8 were from Auto loan seeking. I open 3 cards with them in December but immediately closed the slate an move my 2200 CL to my freedom card making it 4200. I have the Amazon card as well with a 2k CL. I have my BOA Visa signature card with a 5k CL on flex spending being reported since 8/2014. It was recently unsecured last month. It reports my new limit on all 3 bureau's. What do you guys think my chances are of getting approved for the Marriott? PS nothing shows up in the pre qual. Thanks again.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott approval chances

Also my Utilization is currently 3%.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to say very low. Even with cards at or around the 5k mark, you have a recent baddie on your report (four years is still rather new in the grand scheme of credit) and you just got three of their mid tier cards with one already being closed.

I would wait for a while, especially if you don't want to spook them.
Message 3 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm going to say very low. Even with cards at or around the 5k mark, you have a recent baddie on your report (four years is still rather new in the grand scheme of credit) and you just got three of their mid tier cards with one already being closed.

I would wait for a while, especially if you don't want to spook them.

But didn't op say that he already has two other cards with Chase? I don't know the details of whether he had to do recon to get them or whether that derog is recent or not but I don't think mariott would be that hard to get if he's already been established with Chase like that. Just my two cents.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@popamode

Correct but he just got them less than three months ago. That's a lot of exposure in such a short time for a newer account.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was instantly approved for freedom CL2200. Same day instantly approved for slate CL2000. Both were showing on the pre qual. Then I decided to apply for the amazon denied. "Too many recent account open" something like that. I decided to close the slate as I don't Carry a balance about 3 days after receiving the card an move the CL over to my freedom. I then recon the amazon an was approved for CL2000.
Message 6 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@popamode

Correct but he just got them less than three months ago. That's a lot of exposure in such a short time for a newer account.

i see. I had the impression he's had the cards for longer. In that case waiting a little bit more wont do any harm just to be on the safe side though chase can be very generous once you're in and have established some kind of good payment history with them.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 12
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@popamode

i see. I had the impression he's had the cards for longer. In that case waiting a little bit more wont do any harm just to be on the safe side though chase can be very generous once you're in and have established some kind of good payment history with them.

+1.  Do remember that typically Chase double pulls, so it is going to be painful if you walk away empty handed.  

Message 8 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@akula wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@popamode

+1.  Do remember that typically Chase double pulls, so it is going to be painful if you walk away empty handed.  

True depending on where you live of course. Most of my chase cards have been single EQ pulls and freedom was double pull.

Message 9 of 12
wche
Regular Contributor

Looks like your recent Chase cards are only 3 months old. I would give it more time until Chase can see your responsibility with their current cards. Best to wait til AAOA is 12 months.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.