Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase: Pre-Approved or Not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase: Pre-Approved or Not?

I am thinking of applying for the Chase Freedom card, but I am not sure if I am truly pre-approved or not.

When I check the Chase pre-approval site I am never pre-approved for anything, and I never receive any green check marks for credit cards in my offers when I log into my Chase account.

However, when I was in a branch I was told I was pre-approved for a card, but they did not have an APR showing.  Also, when I log into Chase and check my credit score, I see an offer for the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and CSP.  When I click on the pricing & terms, I see a solid APR. 

Do you think I am pre-approved or not?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase: Pre-Approved or Not?

I can't speak for Chase but I don't think you would see your actual APR until you apply and a LO sees your CR.  Pre-approval does not guarantee approval when you apply.  Even if you don't get pre-approved, you can still apply and hope for approval.  You can call their recon line if denied.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. 

When I say solid APR, I mean I see one number and not a range of numbers.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked mine.... the wording on Credit Journey says that you're already pre-qualified since offers are showing up.  Pre-approved?  That's what I don't know but there are differences between the two.  Regarding the APR, first time seeing mine actually.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I think going in the branch is a safe good idea. I know pre-approved doesn't always mean you "pre-approved" as things change every second. LoL, but I Iike to believe, it is better that being "pre-selected", for sure! Do it in the branch.... Go for it!!  All you'll get is the hard pull if you are declined.  They go away.  You could roll the dice online, but you have no offers, not that that always matter either. I like the branch idea, but just my own opinion. Go for it. You may be pleasantly surprised. Then once you get approved, the green checks will start poping up all over account  Smiley Happy   

Also, I can tell you my Chase experience over the last 4mnths, starting in late June this summer and going through this past Tuesday 10/23/18.  So, it starts off with me having a Mazda lease and it is through Chase, so I was online paying my monthly payment in June and I notice it said I was "pre-approved" for a few cards. I applied for the CFU, and got a "7-10 message" for a decision. I called the next day and asked if there was any information I could provide for them (based on some experiences I read here in the forums), since I already had an acct with them w my car lease.  The rep put me on hold then transferred me.  Another rep picked up, and asked me a few identity questions, then approved me for a SL of $7k. Awesome, right? So, now a few months later, on the 20 of this month Oct, I log on to my acct and see I received a +$5k increase on the card to a total of $12k on my CFU. Even crazier, right, because I didn't even ask for a CLI. They just gave it to me (I did use the card ALOT though,  over the 4 months since I got it and paid it off ASAP everytime).  So this Monday, I logged on and saw the green checks for all the other cards they offer. I went on an app spree and applied for the CSP- approved  immediately for $10k, then the next day (35hrs later applied for the Slate and was approved for $3.2k.  GREAT....Want the best part? They used the same hard pull (EXP and TU) from the CSP for the Slate app. I rolled the dice that they would, against everything I've read on double dipping and app srees, ad it went my way!!! Now I have three Chase cards with a total of $25k!!!! 

Good luck and update after Smiley Happy

Mark

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for the replies.

On Chase's website when I check my credit score, mine too says prequalified and not pre-approved.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking of applying for the Chase Freedom card, but I am not sure if I am truly pre-approved or not.

When I check the Chase pre-approval site I am never pre-approved for anything, and I never receive any green check marks for credit cards in my offers when I log into my Chase account.

However, when I was in a branch I was told I was pre-approved for a card, but they did not have an APR showing.  Also, when I log into Chase and check my credit score, I see an offer for the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and CSP.  When I click on the pricing & terms, I see a solid APR. 

Do you think I am pre-approved or not?  Thank you.

Not everyone receives green check marks offers on Chase's pre-qualification website.  Can you post a screenshot of any of the offers you see "when I log into Chase and check my credit score?"

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello
I can take a screen shot no prob but how do I upload it from my iPhone? The functions under texts is missing to add a pic while I’m in the forum trying to post. If you can figure out how I can do the screenshot, or you know, I can certainly get it up for you to say.

M

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to switch to the desktop version of the forum software to be able to upload screenshots.  On an iPhone, press and hold the circular arrow in the upper right corner of your Safari browser to switch to the desktop version.  You should then see an icon of a camera which will allow you to upload a photo.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a link to a screenshot from the Chase score page.

https://imgur.com/26QQorZ

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.