cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Previous unsatisfactory relationship....(guess I'm not special!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase - Previous unsatisfactory relationship....(guess I'm not special!)

(and here, I thought I was special but I found this board just googling that and a lot of people have this issue, for lot of different reasons).

I had 5 chase credit cards accounts in 2017 and they agree, they were always paid in full and in good standing.  then I cancelled a chase freedom, applied for a different chase freedom, they sent the new card then, at the same time, without informing me (until 2 weeks later via US mail), cancelled all 5 accounts, even the new freedom card which I hadn't even confirmed having yet.  When I called them to find out what happened, they said they have the right to do a random audit and decided I had too much open credit so they closed all my cards.  Again, even the person on the phone agreed I had paid the accounts all in full and ontime for years.  Fast forward a year, I've been closing accounts I don't use, I'm probably still being hit by their 5/24 rule but they are sending me email offers.  Each time I apply (with nothing negative on my credit report) , i get rejected for "Unsatisfactory...." and when I call, they have no idea.  And it's a hard pull on my credit report.  Any ideas what to do to get off their hate/blacklist?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase - Previous unsatisfactory relationship....(guess I'm not special!)

If I was you I’d find a new lender. There are many other options. Chase isn’t all that. Seriously - best wishes!
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

and I have been.  got some barclays, got some citi, a sweet amex.  The point is, what is the issue?  it's not late payment, it's not missed payment, it's not bankruptcy.

Message 3 of 34
rbentley
Established Contributor

What is your total available credit across all lines?  What is your income?  What was your total CL on all cards combined with Chase?

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

no clue what my CL was with chase at the time but it shouldn't have changed.  fico is over 750 and job/income has been the same (same job, minor raises for over a decade).  nothing changed except me swapping one chase freedom card for another, as lease afaik.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do have, though i've had it since 2016, a fraud alert on my credit reports.  my paper medical records were stolen when a previous doctor sold her business, but chase knew this, did the 3 way handshake, and approved the new freedom card then cancelled it.  that's the weird part.

Message 6 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Chase has very lucrative products for lots of individuals who like the UR ecosystem and other partner cards and even though some may say it's not the cat's meow, it's a fairly well-pursued institution for a variety of reasons. I would say, though, not every FI is for everyone and the same goes for the likes of Barclays, AmEx, Capital One, Discover, etc.

As far as the blacklist, unfortunately, only time is the only thing that can play a role in *maybe* getting back on their radar, if possible. There's nothing that can be done in most cases since decisions by their internal PRR team are usually final. This comes from clamping down on rewards/product abuse, fraud instances and the behaviors that you may have exhibited that ultimately led to adverse action.
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i never thought paying on time and in full would be an issue.

Message 8 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

But, that's never been in question. Regardless of your good payment history, adverse action is what it is. They deemed you as a risky borrower based on their internal risk review and, just like such a banking relationship is a two-way street, they reserve the right to exit/cancel as per what's outlined in the card agreement.
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

guess i can't get off their naughty list.  

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.