cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Previous unsatisfactory relationship....(guess I'm not special!)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase - Previous unsatisfactory relationship....(guess I'm not special!)

Some individuals have overcome the naughty list. However, it will take some effort on your part and some considerable time to let the dust settle.

So, the first hurdle to clear is 5/24. Chase accounts (even if closed) will count toward that restriction. So you're at least looking at 2 years minimum from your last set of accounts that are part of 5/24.

Unfortunately, all Chase CCs are now part of that restriction, the last batch of them (Hyatt, Amazon, IHG, British Airways, etc.) joining the ranks around mid-November.
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, i'm closing old accounts and not opening anything else to see if i can finally get past that 5/24 rule.  because of the federal fraud, i can get my credit reports twice, for free, each year, from each agency.  what i didn't realize too is that your "good" accounts don't come off for 10 years, not 7, like bad accounts.  i was very surprised to see how big my credit reports were, because i assumed a lot fell off, and won't, for another few years, even though closed.  

if you have any other ideas of how to get off the naughtly list, please let us know. and thanks

Message 12 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

No worries OP. I will PM you.
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!

Message 14 of 34
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah, i'm closing old accounts and not opening anything else to see if i can finally get past that 5/24 rule.  because of the federal fraud, i can get my credit reports twice, for free, each year, from each agency.  what i didn't realize too is that your "good" accounts don't come off for 10 years, not 7, like bad accounts.  i was very surprised to see how big my credit reports were, because i assumed a lot fell off, and won't, for another few years, even though closed.  

if you have any other ideas of how to get off the naughtly list, please let us know. and thanks

You do understand that 5/25 doesn't mean you can't have more than 5 open accounts.

It means opening more than 5 in the last 24 months.

Reading your post above, it seems like you're closing accounts to get under 5/24 or am I misunderstanding?

Also accounts closed in good standing remaining for 10 years is a good thing- age, experience etc.. 

Just checking' AAgesturing-tip hat.gif

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i'm not opening but i'm also closing not used or "now charging a fee" in the thought of getting whatever bonus it was again, in a few years.  

Message 16 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, i'm not opening but i'm also closing not used or "now charging a fee" in the thought of getting whatever bonus it was again, in a few years.  

I think you just answered your question on why Chase closed your accounts

Sorry it happened, tho 

Message 17 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

And to piggyback on @Remedios' comment, the SUB rules changed for a few Chase CCs, so in some cases it's 48 months.

Chase has been clamping down on the churning aspect of their products hence the reason you see lots more restrictions.
Message 18 of 34
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP

So sorry this has happened to you but honestly, I’m confused as to why you’re confused. Chase said why they closed the accounts—you have too much open credit!

Now I don’t know what your TCL is but it must be pretty high in relationship to your income. If you don’t mind sharing, what is your total CL? Mine is $128K, which is way more than I’ll ever need and I believe one day the same thing will happen to me. But if it does, it does—no biggy.

IMHO, just love your other cards and let Chase be the last thing on your mind—well at least for 24-months any how.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 34
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you just answered your question on why Chase closed your accounts

Sorry it happened, tho 

B---I---N---G---O

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.