cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Previous unsatisfactory relationship....(guess I'm not special!)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase - Previous unsatisfactory relationship....(guess I'm not special!)

Why did you close your old freedom and open another? Bet they shut you down for gaming/churning.

Edit: should have read the whole thread. A couple of people beat me to it.

Message 21 of 34
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Why did you close your old freedom and open another? Bet they shut you down for gaming/churning.

Edit: should have read the whole thread. A couple of people beat me to it.

LOL LOL

Ive done that so many times

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 22 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

(and here, I thought I was special but I found this board just googling that and a lot of people have this issue, for lot of different reasons).

I had 5 chase credit cards accounts in 2017 and they agree, they were always paid in full and in good standing.  then I cancelled a chase freedom, applied for a different chase freedom, they sent the new card then, at the same time, without informing me (until 2 weeks later via US mail), cancelled all 5 accounts, even the new freedom card which I hadn't even confirmed having yet.  When I called them to find out what happened, they said they have the right to do a random audit and decided I had too much open credit so they closed all my cards.  Again, even the person on the phone agreed I had paid the accounts all in full and ontime for years.  Fast forward a year, I've been closing accounts I don't use, I'm probably still being hit by their 5/24 rule but they are sending me email offers.  Each time I apply (with nothing negative on my credit report) , i get rejected for "Unsatisfactory...." and when I call, they have no idea.  And it's a hard pull on my credit report.  Any ideas what to do to get off their hate/blacklist?

find a different lender. Closing all your accounts including a new one is a huge flag Chase doesnt want your business.

Message 23 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i do have, though i've had it since 2016, a fraud alert on my credit reports.  my paper medical records were stolen when a previous doctor sold her business, but chase knew this, did the 3 way handshake, and approved the new freedom card then cancelled it.  that's the weird part.

I constantly have fraud alert  on my reports due to all the data bresches and personal preference. This shouldnt prevent approvals only need more verification for approvals 

Message 24 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i never thought paying on time and in full would be an issue.

its not. Better to be closed and not owe then owe andbe closed tooSmiley Wink

Message 25 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, i'm not opening but i'm also closing not used or "now charging a fee" in the thought of getting whatever bonus it was again, in a few years.  

I think you just answered your question on why Chase closed your accounts

Sorry it happened, tho 

B---I---N---G---O

and CHASE was his name OSmiley Wink

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm sure it was for the bonus.  but my cl and income and tcl would have been the same.  like that didn't change from them approving the new chase freedom card then immediately cancelling all 5.  that's the weird part

Message 27 of 34
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

(and here, I thought I was special but I found this board just googling that and a lot of people have this issue, for lot of different reasons).

I had 5 chase credit cards accounts in 2017 and they agree, they were always paid in full and in good standing.  then I cancelled a chase freedom, applied for a different chase freedom, they sent the new card then, at the same time, without informing me (until 2 weeks later via US mail), cancelled all 5 accounts, even the new freedom card which I hadn't even confirmed having yet.  When I called them to find out what happened, they said they have the right to do a random audit and decided I had too much open credit so they closed all my cards.  Again, even the person on the phone agreed I had paid the accounts all in full and ontime for years.  Fast forward a year, I've been closing accounts I don't use, I'm probably still being hit by their 5/24 rule but they are sending me email offers.  Each time I apply (with nothing negative on my credit report) , i get rejected for "Unsatisfactory...." and when I call, they have no idea.  And it's a hard pull on my credit report.  Any ideas what to do to get off their hate/blacklist?

Did you contact Chase directly to find out why they shut you down?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 28 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty sure the OP was sent some form of correspondence regarding their decision for closing the accounts.
Message 29 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The "previous unsatisfactory relationship" line is used often when they decide you've opened and closed too many cards. They shut you down before for what they felt was aggressive credit behavior and bonus chasing.

Unfortunately, you're probably just going to have to let Chase go and move on. You are likely on some type of blacklist for a decent amount of time. Probably not forever, but I would forget about them for a few years. There's no instant cure to getting off of their "naughty list". What's done is done and you just have to let time pass.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.