Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Saphire Reserved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Saphire Reserved

I as well applied this morning for the same card and got the same "2 week message" on the automated system. After waiting 6 hours of wondering if my recent opening of two other charge cards in the last 45 days was the reason it was awaiting review or had been denied, I decided to give them a call. I just explained to the Rep that I had applied and was suprised that I wasnt approved and wanted to give a call and see if they needed any further information to process the request. I was told I needed to just verify my application with another department. Got transferred asked a couple questions and was approved. So the 2 week message isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll wait till end of tomorrow and call them
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen alot of posts regarding this and I agree it can go either way... If you have been with them for awhile and already have some of thier products I woulnt overthink it. 

The more data points you can provide the easier it is to give feedback.. But getting the hurry up and wait message isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Good Luck

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to CSR, was told told it’s not a denial that I would get a letter by mail in 1-2 weeks with number to call for any information they may require. Odd.....still feels like a denial
Message 14 of 26
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Spoke to CSR, was told told it’s not a denial that I would get a letter by mail in 1-2 weeks with number to call for any information they may require. Odd.....still feels like a denial

I'd suggest you call back and ask if they need additional information to verify your identify and make a decision on your application.

If you want more sophisticated advice, you're going to have to give us more information including credit scores, nature of your relationship with Chase, number of cards/accounts opened in the past 24 months, etc. Good luck!

Message 15 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO, I would wait for the letter to determine what, if any, additional information may be required.  If it's related to verification documents, then take the acceptable docs to your nearest branch so they can resume the processing of your application.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 scores are Ex 719, Tu 720, Eq 737  Utilization 29%  I have banked with Chase for over 10 years, actually alot longer since they were Washington Mutual....lol   I have 2 Chase cards, Slate card with 2k and Freedom with 6k.  Annual gross is 145k.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked this morning.  2 week notice still.......

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply online? My first chase card was CSP and at the time my score was 720, oldest only 8 months, and had 6 HPs and was 4/24. 

I saw i was pre qualified for CSP and freedoms but I feel sketchy about applying because I dont think my profile was strong enough for instant approval. And I dont have a single chase card at the time.

I applied in branch, with a person, just in case something goes wrong and we can fix it right there and then. 

And something did go wrong I was not approved instantly so the person and to call for 5 min and then i got it. 

Basically when unsure, do it in brance so you can fix the problem right there. 

My friend who had 2 years longer history than me, and much better score than me, applied for freedom online and got 30 day message. 

It turns out Chase just needed an ID to verify his identity and address. If he had done app in branch he would have saved lots of headaches.  

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just spoke to Underwritting, stayed that application is in review.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.