cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire CLI Request pending second analyst review?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire CLI Request pending second analyst review?

Anyone dealt with this? I apped for a $9000 CLI request on 9/5. Got the 30 day message on the automated system. Figured good to go with that message as opposed to 7-10 day message. Been checking periodically over the past week. Yesterday (9/12) afternoon, the automated message changed to 7-10 day. I assumed it was denied. Called in to speak to recon. Analyst confirmed request was denied. I plead my case with her. Explained my reason for the request along with reasons to support it. (ie. Income, ratios, history, etc.) Was convincing in every aspect of the call. She put me on hold, came back, and asked me 2 questions about my cbr. Again, convincing responses on both questions. She sounded satisfied with every response! Said let me place you on brief hold while "I finish this up". At this point, I fully expected her to come back on the line to let me know I was now approved for the increase! Instead, she told me that she has recommended an approval, but that it will be approved pending a review by a second analyst?? She told me that it could take 24 to 48 "business hours" to complete the review??? What? What the hell does that mean? So, not sure what to do now. Why if she has the power to overturn a decline did she pass the buck? I will tell you that right after the call, I checked the status line message, and it had already changed back to the 30 day message! I am now convinced that if you get the 7-10 day message, it is a decline!

Any advise or similar experience with this situation guys? Does a second review yield approvals, or did she not have the heart to decline me after my award winning recon performance? lol

Thanks to everyone on the forums!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire CLI Request pending second analyst review?

I have to go though this with ANY app for Chase, but mine is because of the BK. From what I gather it gets sent off to a senior UW for final approval. That way 2 sets of eyes see the file. I mean 24-48 hours doesn't seem like too much of a wait. Sit tight and good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response! This is the only bank that makes it such a dramatic event!

Just to clarify, I was not complaining about the 24-48 hour wait! I got a decline overturned to an approval pending review!  I just found it comical that she said 24-48 "Business" hours. I 'd never heard of "business hours" used before. Was thinking 8 business hours in a day, it could take up to six business days for a final decision on a CLI. Anywho..

Message 3 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your response! This is the only bank that makes it such a dramatic event!

Just to clarify, I was not complaining about the 24-48 hour wait! I got a decline overturned to an approval pending review!  I just found it comical that she said 24-48 "Business" hours. I 'd never heard of "business hours" used before. Was thinking 8 business hours in a day, it could take up to six business days for a final decision on a CLI. Anywho..

Haha, I get it now Smiley Happy For what it's worth, all three times my app was sent off with a recommendation to approve - it was

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great news! Thanks for the positive feedback, and I will keep the fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Hell Chase!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened?
Message 7 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What happened?

With a comment lke GTH, im guessing a denial.....

That bites if its the case..

-J

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.