Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

tag
Clegga
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

So today I finally left the garden after 11 months of tending to my credit and applied for the infamous CSP. I had a pre-approved message based on my relationship with them. I've been using a Freedom card for about a year now. PIF every month and overall Util is less than 2%.They pulled Experian at 760 Fico 8. I do have a lower income at about $24,000, so I'm feeling like that might be a contributing factor to the lack of immediate approval. At first it gave me the wait 7-10 days message, but then a little bit later I got the we will reply by mail in 30 days message.

Any thoughts on how this might turn out?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dthaha
Valued Member

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred APP

With that 30 day message, it's truly a wildcard. Looking at your portfolio, I'm going to say have fun calling recon. I think they'll give you the minimum $5000 after calling. No guarantees though.

Current Cards:

Sock Drawer:

Goal Cards:
Message 2 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

30 days is a "we haven't finished looking at this yet" message,  you normally shouldn't get a "we'll email you within 30 days" message. 

Not sure if Chase underwriters are working today as it's one of the Monday pseudo-holidays but if the robolady still reports 30 days tomorrow morning go ahead and transfer to a live agent and ask if there's anything they need from you to review your application. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 7
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I applied for this card today and received an immediate decline. I did call in and was told my app was eligible for reconsideration and got an approval. 

More than enough credit.
Message 4 of 7
Milano
New Contributor

@NichelleN wrote:

I applied for this card today and received an immediate decline. I did call in and was told my app was eligible for reconsideration and got an approval. 

Give it time. In my case the 30 days notice  ended up being a fraud alert. They called me about 3 days later and approved me. But I had already applied for a different card. So now I need to spend $9,000 in 3 months on the two different sign up bonuses. Lol. Be patient 

Message 5 of 7
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Milano wrote:

Give it time. In my case the 30 days notice  ended up being a fraud alert. They called me about 3 days later and approved me. But I had already applied for a different card. So now I need to spend $9,000 in 3 months on the two different sign up bonuses. Lol. Be patient 

I am tempted by a couple cards right now, but that right there is why I'm holding off. That's more spend than I want to deal with trying to make sure I put on two cards - I just know I'll end up with $8k on one and $2k on the other or something.

As far as OP, I ended up with some odd messages about my CSP app - turned out it was a few things. First, my reports were all frozed (duh!), second I had fraud alerts and they needed to do a bunch of extra verification. Additionally, I was tapped out as far as CL with them so I needed to move CL's around a bit to accommodate the new card. In the end I got approved, but it took multiple phone calls and was more hassle than I've ever gone through for a new card. Worth it, but a slight hassle

Message 6 of 7
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.