Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred Application

Hey everyone,

Just applied for the CSP and got an email without a 7-10 or 30 day spec it just says as soon as possible.

I have a Chase Total Checking and scores of 763 (all three bureaus). My AAoA is 1.5 years, 5 inquiries, 5 total accounts and 0 late payments and 1% utilization. My oldest account is 4 years old. Currently have an AMEX Everyday Blue Cash (10k), Uber Visa (4k), Citi Double Cash (3.2k), and two regional bank cards at 2.25k total.

Anyone have any advice/insight? Should I call?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Application

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey everyone,

Just applied for the CSP and got an email without a 7-10 or 30 day spec it just says as soon as possible.

I have a Chase Total Checking and scores of 763 (all three bureaus). My AAoA is 1.5 years, 5 inquiries, 5 total accounts and 0 late payments and 1% utilization. My oldest account is 4 years old. Currently have an AMEX Everyday Blue Cash (10k), Uber Visa (4k), Citi Double Cash (3.2k), and two regional bank cards at 2.25k total.

Anyone have any advice/insight? Should I call?

Be patient.  If you feel inclined to call you can check the application status line at 888-338-2586 but given that you just applied it might not update until tonight.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good. Thanks!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely they just need to verify your identity. They've been doing that a lot lately. I recently applied for the CSP and got the same "we'll let you know our decision as soon as possible" message. I called the automated application status line and got the 30-day message. Waited four business days and I got a call from the Chase fraud department. He just sent a verification code to my cell phone and then asked if it was really me who applied for the card. Once he verified that he was able to get my application approved immediately.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be patient then. Nothing like more security haha
Message 5 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

Dont call, let them do whatever is it that they are doing. If anything is needed from you, they will let you know. 

Message 6 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would call. Good luck! Hopefully a great SL approval!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I usually prefer to give atleast 3-5 days prior to calling. I do check the status lines atleast once a day to see if anything has changed. Otherwise, I think its best to wait for 3-5 days before calling in to see if there's anything missing. 

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll be patient then. Nothing like more security haha

Yes, be patient.

Several posters called too early, were told that there was no app, they applied again, and had two concurrent apps for the same card, complicating everything as one got denied and they thought the original app was denied. See...complicated.

Also, others were told that  app was denied, when it reality, it was just the verification but they went ahead and applied for a different card. Again...complicating everything.  

So, patience and let the process play out. 

Message 9 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Starting tomorrow, call the Chase robolady once daily to check status.

30 days means they haven't completed reviewing the application.

14 days means that i's are being dotted and t's crossed but approval is almost certain.

Only transfer to a live CSR if status changes to 7-10 days.  It could simply be that verification is needed for them to continue processing the application, but you would need to be prepared to make your case for reconsideration of a denial.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.