Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred Application

Hello!

I applied for a CSP card today.  750 credit and had a chase freedom card for 3 years and a checking for 5 years.  No late payments or anything.  I first got a message on the application site that said we will get back to you in 7-10 business days.  Which I know means rejection... but then got an email that said We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible.  They did not inlude a timeline.  So i called the status hotline, and they said I will hear back in 2 weeks.  Anyone have anything related to this? Feeling a lot of mixed responses.  I will call again in 24 hours. Wanted to see if anyone else had something similar happen. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Application

It's possible it's a verification issue. Up to you if you want to wait it out or call in and see if there's any information you need to provide them.

Either way.... good luck with it! I hear that's a great card to have.

Message 2 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

2 weeks is a good sign.  Past posters recommend waiting and let it play out for a few days before calling

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello!

I applied for a CSP card today.  750 credit and had a chase freedom card for 3 years and a checking for 5 years.  No late payments or anything.  I first got a message on the application site that said we will get back to you in 7-10 business days.  Which I know means rejection... but then got an email that said We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible.  They did not inlude a timeline.  So i called the status hotline, and they said I will hear back in 2 weeks.  Anyone have anything related to this? Feeling a lot of mixed responses.  I will call again in 24 hours. Wanted to see if anyone else had something similar happen. 

Patience Grasshopper! .. Let them work on it.

And Welcome To myFICO Forums!

Message 4 of 7
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

It’s anyone’s guess 7-10 doesn’t necessarily mean a denial or so it seems of late. Call robo lady every couple of days if you’re curious. It’s very possible it’s a verification issue. I travel for work (current state of residency is Alabama) and normally I’m out in the mid west somewhere and you wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve been asked where I applied vs where I live. Some of the security questions are crazy too. Any way I hope you get it is a great card and I think chase is definitely one of the better CCC’s out there.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the CSP at the beginning of this November. No prior history with Chase. Scores in the 680 range. I received the 7-10 day message as well. Ended up being a verification issue and approved on the phone. Don’t give up! Wait it out.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the CSP at the beginning of this November. No prior history with Chase. Scores in the 680 range. I received the 7-10 day message as well. Ended up being a verification issue and approved on the phone. Don’t give up! Wait it out.

Did they call you? 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.