cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred PreApproval Offer

CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred PreApproval Offer

Perhaps someone can set my expectations.  Today I noticed my very first Credit Card PreApproval offer from Chase when I logged in my app.  I've been pre-approved for a CSP with a 60k Bonus.  

#1. Are there any advantages of going into the branch VS taking the offer in the app?  Is there a possibility of getting a higher bonus?

#2. I'm over 5/24 if they count the fact that I'm an authorized user on one of my husband's cards.  Will it matter with a pre approved offer?

3.  Typically how long do these offers remain on an account?  For example, are they only valid for a certain timeframe?  1 week, 30 days etc.  

✅ The stats on my Siggy are current.  

Thank you in advance for any feedback.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Blender
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred PreApproval Offer

@CreditCharmer wrote:

Perhaps someone can set my expectations.  Today I noticed my very first Credit Card PreApproval offer from Chase when I logged in my app.  I've been pre-approved for a CSP with a 60k Bonus.  

#1. Are there any advantages of going into the branch VS taking the offer in the app?  Is there a possibility of getting a higher bonus?

#2. I'm over 5/24 if they count the fact that I'm an authorized user on one of my husband's cards.  Will it matter with a pre approved offer?

3.  Typically how long do these offers remain on an account?  For example, are they only valid for a certain timeframe?  1 week, 30 days etc.  

1. Sometimes. You just missed an in branch 90k offer by a few days. Believe it ended on the 19th.

9/2023
FICO 8
FICO 9

Message 2 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditCharmer wrote:

1.  There may be an advantage to going into a branch, such as waiver of first year annual fee, or higher SUB, but you won't know until you go in.

2.  No. If you're preapproved 5/24 won't matter. But yes I do think the authorized user card would count in their 5/24 computation.

3.  There's no telling how long the preapproval will last. Sometimes they last just a day or two, sometimes many months. Sometimes they keep coming and going.

Total revolving limits 748700 (628200 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 717 EX 682

Message 3 of 23
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@Blender wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

1. Sometimes. You just missed an in branch 90k offer by a few days. Believe it ended on the 19th.

Darn, that's unfortunate.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Message 4 of 23
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

1.  There may be an advantage to going into a branch, such as waiver of first year annual fee, or higher SUB, but you won't know until you go in.

2.  No. If you're preapproved 5/24 won't matter. But yes I do think the authorized user card would count in their 5/24 computation.

3.  There's no telling how long the preapproval will last. Sometimes they last just a day or two, sometimes many months. Sometimes they keep coming and going.

Thank you for all of your feedback.  I may try to make it into a branch tomorrow.  If I do happen to go pending due to the AU, I'll call the recon line.  

Message 5 of 23
show_hell
Established Member

@Blender wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

The in-branch 90k offer actually started on 03/19/2023.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/starts-3-19-chase-sapphire-preferred-90000-in-branch-signup-bonus/

Message 6 of 23
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@show_hell wrote:

@Blender wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

The in-branch 90k offer actually started on 03/19/2023.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/starts-3-19-chase-sapphire-preferred-90000-in-branch-signup-bonus/

Thank you so much.  After reading through the article and comments, I scheduled an appt with my local branch.  I'll report back with the results.  Let's hope I get that 90k bonus!!! 

Message 7 of 23
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Blender wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

@Blender  hey, wanted to let you know that the in branch 90K offer just started on the 19th. 

Message 8 of 23
Blender
Frequent Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Blender wrote:

@CreditCharmer wrote:

@Blender  hey, wanted to let you know that the in branch 90K offer just started on the 19th. 

Thanks for correcting me.

I actually was coming back to tell the OP I messed up. The Chase business ink cash large SUB  just ended and this one just started. Timing is off for me right now but I hope to see this one later this year. 

good luck OP hope you get it

9/2023
FICO 8
FICO 9

Message 9 of 23
josh1
New Contributor

I just went to my Chase branch this afternoon and they were still offering the 90k offer, and I was approved in branch.

You can always try to call your branch beforehand and ask if they have an offer. Mine didn't answer when I called, so I just went in, but the banker was able to check for all in branch offers in a minute.

I am pretty sure authorized user cards don't count towards 5/24, as long as Chase knows it is an AU card. If you already have a Chase account, you can check with their credit journey and it will show which cards are individual vs. AU.

Credit Cards:

AU Cards:

Other Cards:
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.