Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred application

Hello everyone,

I applied for Chase Sapphire Preferred card on December 29, 2018. I wasn't approved or denied instantly, and Chase required more time for decision. I received a letter from Chase on January 3rd requesting a copy of Social Security card and I sent it right away. Phone status says that I will receive a written decision within 30 days of application.

I have a credit history of 1 year and 0% credit utilization. They pulled Transunion and Experian and my scores at the time were 730 and 732 respectively. Do I have a chance of being approved?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred application

How many other cards do you have, and have you opened any new TL's recently?

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 4 cards at the time of application: Discover it with $1000, AmEx BCE with $4800, Deserve Edu with $800 and Amazon Prime Store Card with $2300.
I still same 4 cards and I had 1 hp on TU and 3 hps on EX.
And no I haven't opened any TL for like seven months.
Message 3 of 6
Meskini
New Contributor

You should be fine and worst case scenario if you get denied you can always recon. I did the same thing and worked for me. 30 days is much better than the message 7-10 days for sure.

Good luck!

We live and learn!
Message 4 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If you do have to go recon route—hopefully you don’t—ask if it’s another HP. IME, Chase loves to HP.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 6
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

So you are below the 5/24, I would think you will be OK. 

If not, as others have said you could always recon.

Good luck.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.