cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred from Denied to 1-2 weeks notices.

tag
snorlax69

Chase Sapphire Preferred from Denied to 1-2 weeks notices.

Hi all, I'm new to the forums.  I have a few questions to ask about the message i got from Chase recons analyst.  Here's my DPs.

- Applied fo CSP on Saturday June 18th 2022, instanty denied.

-My credit scores:  EX-697, TU 703, EQ 698.

- I have 19 Inquires at time of appd.  Which was a construction loans and a car loan in April. Car loans cost me 7 inquires and 16 points tank , which i didn't know was back to back in a 30 mins span.

- Called Recons line on Monday June 20th on hold a few times after questing why i have some Charge-Off back in 2017. I told the csr i have some financial difficulty back then, but i paid off all the COs in 2018. Chase credit card was one of them.  I was doing very good since then. I have no late payments and 1% credit utilization. She verified my Income 150k+.  Hold a few more minutes and she came back said that they can't approved me because of the bad relationship i had with Chase.  I asked her if  there's anyway i could overcome the denial. She said i can call back within 30days. 

-Called again today and talked to some dude, i was always polite, but he doesn't seem to be interested in transfering me to the recons department.  He kept on reading the same **bleep** why i was denied.  When i ask him for a reconsideration, he told me there's nothing he can do about it.  I instantly knows it's time for HUCA.

-It's weird, I called back in 5 minutes, I heard the same exact freaking voice asking "is there anyone on the line?". I hung up and waited 10 minutes.

- I felt i wasted another inquiry already, the worst thing that can happend is another denial.  Called again spoke with csr and got transfered to recons department. This time is another young lady, doesn't talk much.  I was the one explaining everything on the reasons of the denial letters.  The inquires was from construction loan and car loans, it's not like i'm on a credit cards apps spree. She said that she understand and told me to wait.  She came back and told me she's submitting to a senior supervisor for review, will notified me in the mail in 1-2 weeks.  I asked her if i need to do anything else, she said just to wait for the answers for now.  

I just opend a checking account with Chase on the day of CSP apps.

I noticed everytime i spoke to a recons reps, i received a 30 days notices email.

What are the chances i have on this 2nd recons for the CSP?  I called the robo lady "Apps is pending for review and will notified in 1-2 weeks."

How long would I know the answer?

If I got denied again, should I go for the 3rd recons or just give up? Thanks everyone in advance for your input.

Updated: July 1st got a denial letter for the 2nd recons.  I give up and heading to the garden. Planning to put 30k into the Chase checking account and leave it there.  We'll see what happens in 2 years.  Thanks everyone for reading and commenting on the post. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred from Denied to 1-2 weeks notices.

It's possible to get a successful outcome with employing a HUCA strategy with Chase but the odds are pretty long even without factoring in that you had burned them, and Chase's memory lasts a lot longer than 5 years.   I'd take them at their word at needing 1-2 weeks to complete their review and rendering a decision but you can continue to call Robolady each weekday to check status. 

The odds of reversing a denial would diminish after each HUCA attempt but IMO it's up to you if you want to invest more time and effort to keep trying, unless Chase hints that you need to give it up.  Personally I would look for greener pastures elsewhere,  Chase doesn't have a monopoly on decent travel cards.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
snorlax69

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred from Denied to 1-2 weeks notices.

I totally understand what you mean.  I'll wait for the outcomes and see what i should plan next.  I currently have Amex BusinessPlat, AmexGold and Citi DC which i used in total about 80k in 8 months.  It's not that i need credit limits for anything, I just want to build a better revolving credit profile for the futures. I've been using my debit cards for so long, I can't remember when is the last time i got rewards from a cc.  Thank you so much for your input, I'll keep you guys posted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.