cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preffered cards approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preffered cards approval odds?

I was just approved for the Chase Freedom with a $4,000 limit and Chase Slate with a $2,500 limit. I have a myfico.com EX:695 TU:670 and EQ:665. Im wanting to pair up the points with my Freedom with the CSP. I am a 20 year old college student. I have $8,000 in Student loans, no baddies on my report, 4 inquireies, and a 5% utilization. My income is about $28,000 and I dont have any rent or mortgage costs. What do yall think my odds are for being approved for the CSP? Would they be able to use the same HP? Would my Chase Freedom CL get me close enought to the $5,000 minimum for the CSP. I am also willing to transfer the CL part or whole from the Slate to get the CSP.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preffered cards approval odds?

Your income is probably okay, but your scores seem a bit borderline. CSP requires $5k min and they may not want to approve that right now.

Since you said "just" approved for Freedom and Slate I'd wait anyway. You do not want to spook Chase by applying for many products with them in a row. I'd chill, use the Freedom and Slate for 6 months and then try.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply! do you think they will deny me based on me openning two recent CC with them?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for the Chase Freedom with a $4,000 limit and Chase Slate with a $2,500 limit. I have a myfico.com EX:695 TU:670 and EQ:665. Im wanting to pair up the points with my Freedom with the CSP. I am a 20 year old college student. I have $8,000 in Student loans, no baddies on my report, 4 inquireies, and a 5% utilization. My income is about $28,000 and I dont have any rent or mortgage costs. What do yall think my odds are for being approved for the CSP? Would they be able to use the same HP? Would my Chase Freedom CL get me close enought to the $5,000 minimum for the CSP. I am also willing to transfer the CL part or whole from the Slate to get the CSP.

That's a nice raise you got since this thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Approval-odds-Chase-Freedom/m-p/3819025

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When i applied for my CSP i had a unpaid collection and got 5k.

now im by 6.5k with removed collection! there is hope and my scores were about the same.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I be any more likely to be approved for the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit card opposed to the CSP?

Message 6 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I don't think Marriott's any harder to get than CSP. They're both around even IMO.

You just got approved for two Chase cards though. Work with those for a few months and then try CSP and close out Slate.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep! Got a sorta side job and a small raise at my previous job. And my credit has significantly improved!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.