cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE: Approved* - Chase Sapphire Reserve App!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Application!

Yeah. I have read a ton on here and seen some pretty nice success stories, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Definitely not the smartest, but thought I'd get lucky since my credit score went up from like 655 in the span of a year. 

Didn't wanna settle for CSP, even though makes total sense to do so.  No going back, haha. 

To update: still getting 30 day robolady message.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all. 

Still getting 30-day message. Should I continue to wait it out? 

Seems like I could expedite if I call since I applied last Tuesday. 

Message 12 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If you lack patience then reach out to them, otherwise waiting things out hurts nothing.
Message 13 of 25
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all. 

Still getting 30-day message. Should I continue to wait it out? 

Seems like I could expedite if I call since I applied last Tuesday. 

OP - I would definitely give it till next week before calling. 

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question.

Was wondering in the case that I have a denial. Let's say I call recon and still get denied should I:

1) Ask to see if I can get considered for CSP without a hard pull -
      - If they say it will cause a HP, do I go with it?  (According to TU - I have 4 Inq, +1 for this CSR app. but 1 of them is student loan and other 2 are store cards, so don't know if it counts as all HPs according to chase that only considers HPs for actual credit cards)
2) Just apply for another credit card to garden with for 6-12 months and reapply. 
    - what credit card should it be.. (I was thinking Amex BCP, but amex isn't used everywhere so I am kind of reluctant for this one, despite amex being generous with CLs) 

- Thanks! 

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called Chase Representative today. She delivered me to different department.

The guy pinged my phone with a verification code. 

That was all. Approved for $10k credit limit! Not bad at all since not a big spender, super happy!

Thanks to this forum - which helped me *patiently wait* (I was going to pull the trigger like September 2018, but knew my credit wasn't ready) and I learned a lot. Nothing is impossible.

I pushed my credit score up from 655 to 740 range in this span of time, with my 2 main credits being 10-11 months in length: Care credit and google, always paid more than monthly payment and sometimes paid twice/three times a month. Paying off some student loans definitley helped push my score and asking for CLI increases after 6 months (septemeber got approved for CLIs) definitely helped show chase that I had significant credit limits I guess. 

Happy day! 

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval !!

Chase loves your profile i see

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awsome!  I was reading your thread yesterday as i am considering applying, so i was curious to see if you would get it or not, so thats great news!

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!  

Message 19 of 25
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats awsome!  I was reading your thread yesterday as i am considering applying, so i was curious to see if you would get it or not, so thats great news!

Have you check the pre-quals or my offers? Also, are you near a Chase branch. If so, you can see if you have preapproved offers.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.