tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval/Denial Data Share

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Yes I saw that too. 😩

Well if that's the case it is pretty **bleep***y that people that were way over 5/24 were approved thru the leaked link but now they enforce it.  Guess we will know for sure tomorrow.

I hope they will not enforce the 5/24 rules tomorrow. I want to see a lot of approvals Smiley Wink

Just lurking. What is this 5/24 that everyone is mentioning?

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 61 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Yes I saw that too. 😩

Well if that's the case it is pretty **bleep***y that people that were way over 5/24 were approved thru the leaked link but now they enforce it.  Guess we will know for sure tomorrow.

I hope they will not enforce the 5/24 rules tomorrow. I want to see a lot of approvals Smiley Wink

Just lurking. What is this 5/24 that everyone is mentioning?

Cheryl

I'll give a brief definition but if you want more info, just Google 'Chase 5/24 rule'.

Chase has implemented a policy that applies to the vast majority of their credit cards that they wont approve you if you have added more than 5 revolving credit accounts in the last 2 years.  Unfortunately that applies to a lot of us here

Message 62 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
I'm 24/24. 😂😂😂 Oct 2017 I will be 5/24. 2014 and 2015 were obviously VERY busy!

Heh, I'm exactly 24/24 as well.

Message 63 of 225
Leonardc2
Valued Member

I am way over 5/24, so I called the reconsideration line 1st thing and instead of doing an application, I requested an upgrade from my Chase Sapphire Preferred. About 15 minutes later I have my Chase Sapphire Reserve. I did not get the sign-up bonus, but I have had the preferred card for 15 months, so in nine months I will downgrade and reapply and get the signing bonus.  If anyone else wants to go go this route, please know you need a 10k existing limit as that is an infinite requirement.  I am also getting expedited delivery.

Message 64 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
I'm 24/24. 😂😂😂 Oct 2017 I will be 5/24. 2014 and 2015 were obviously VERY busy!

Heh, I'm exactly 24/24 as well.

I refused to look mine 🤔,,, I lost counts 

Message 65 of 225
android01
Valued Contributor

Fortunately, I'm only 3/24 about to be 4/24. Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 66 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leonardc2 thanks for the heads up on the product change and related requirements. Also, for the possible future actions.
Message 67 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leonardc2 wrote:

I am way over 5/24, so I called the reconsideration line 1st thing and instead of doing an application, I requested an upgrade from my Chase Sapphire Preferred. About 15 minutes later I have my Chase Sapphire Reserve. I did not get the sign-up bonus, but I have had the preferred card for 15 months, so in nine months I will downgrade and reapply and get the signing bonus.  If anyone else wants to go go this route, please know you need a 10k existing limit as that is an infinite requirement.  I am also getting expedited delivery.

Godo move if you cant get approved because of 5/24.  I may have to go this route.  Thanks for the info.

Message 68 of 225
baller4life
Super Contributor

Hey that's a great idea for those with CSP and 5/24
Message 69 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leonardc2 wrote:

Rumors that the 100k bonus will only last until September. Similar to what happened with the CSP (not sure exactly how long the initial bonus lasted for CSP) Just a heads up for everyone looking to PC or wait. Like I keep saying, every DP or rumor should be taken with a grain of salt until official widespread release and working link, however these are things passed along from people who apped in branch today. From the appers reportings to the Chase reps being properly informed take everything with a grain of salt until confirmation. 

Message 70 of 225
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.