cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve “your already approved” then denied

tag
DontHateEm

Chase Sapphire Reserve “your already approved” then denied

I have my Subuaru loan through JP Morgan Chase for over two years on autopay, and on the Chase mobile app while looking at my invoices I saw in the credit cards section it had the green star "you're already approved" with an 80k sub on the Sapphire Reserve and the Preferred. I clicked the link, it had me put in my employment and income then select>"accept offer." As soon as I clicked accept offer, it gave me the 7-10 review notice. I called in to verify and they told me my application was not approved for too many cards over $2,000 balance (3 cards with high limits) and DTI.

I am 1/24 for an AMEX platinum, score 740. I am pissed because the cards said "already approved" if I knew they would not approve I would not have selected accept offer, now I have a hard inq. and nothing to show for it. What gives with Chase???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve “your already approved” then denied

Call the reconsideration line and explain.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

What gives is the time. Your CR changed from the time they did SP on which pre-approval was based till the HP for actual application. 

In all of my time here, you're second person to get denied with this type of offer, so it must have been significant change.  First one had a late pop up. It doesn't happen often at all. 

You can try reconsideration, just keep in mind Chase is very sensitive to raw dollar amounts, they don't play utilization percentage games. 

Message 3 of 4
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that, wasting a hard pull is never a good feeling. My wife just this morning pre qualed on Amex for a few cards and when she applied for some reason she was denied due to verification with the SSA? SUPER weird - wasted hard pull.

Business Cards:
Amex Business Plus: 6000 // Amex Business Hilton Honors: 3000 // Amex Delta Gold: 4900 // Amex Business Platinum NPSL POT 5000 // Amex Business Gold NPSL POT 15000

Personal Cards:
Discover It Cash Back: 8000 // Chase Saphire Preferred: 5000 // Truist Enjoy Beyond: 4500 // Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 1000 // Cap1SavorOne: 2000 // Cap1 Secured Platinum: 200 // Cap1 QuiksilverOne 2000 // Citi Double Cash: 5200 // Amex Platinum NPSL POT 4000 // Amex Gold NPSL POT 1750

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.