Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve

tag
TexasKaren
Established Member

Chase Sapphire Reserve

I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred and want to upgrade. I understand that I have to close my CSP in order to get the rewards points for the CSR. Is there a time frame to do this? Like can I close the CSP and apply for the CSR the next day? I've had the CSP for at least 5 years, maybe longer.

Then I have to spend $4,000 in 3 months to get the 50,000 UR points. What if I spend that in one month, do the points post right away or not until the 3 months is up?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve

You don't have to close it, but you can PC to Freedom or Freedom Unlimited if you would like. Then wait around 30-45 days to cycle through the system and apply for CSR.
Message 2 of 6
TexasKaren
Established Member

I already have the CFU. Anything else I could PC to?
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Freedom or Slate are the only PC options. But if you already have CFU, you can allocate the entire CSP CL to it and then you can close it as an alternative.

Since you're wanting the CSR, the only reason I didn't suggest Sapphire (non Preferred) version is because the CSR application will not go through with an existing Sapphire product.
Message 4 of 6
difringe
Established Contributor

@TexasKaren wrote:
I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred and want to upgrade. I understand that I have to close my CSP in order to get the rewards points for the CSR. Is there a time frame to do this? Like can I close the CSP and apply for the CSR the next day? I've had the CSP for at least 5 years, maybe longer.

Then I have to spend $4,000 in 3 months to get the 50,000 UR points. What if I spend that in one month, do the points post right away or not until the 3 months is up?

In my experience, if you spend it in a month, you'll get them with your first statement.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@difringe wrote:

@TexasKaren wrote:

In my experience, if you spend it in a month, you'll get them with your first statement.

^ Can confirm this with my own experience as well. Although it was with the CFU.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.