Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire denied after recon

tag
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire denied after recon

I impulsed applied even though I knew my UTI was high. They denied me soecifically for that reason. I have paid UTI down a considereable amount from 80% to 30% since 2 weeks ago that I was denied. Once my new UTI is reflected on credit report (after credit cards report), how long should I wait to reaplly?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire denied after recon

The big unknown is how long Chase requires between applications. That's not unusual, but the unusual twist is that they'll approve the second account, then close it because the applications have been submitted too close together.

Generally, these apps have happened on the same day. But I don't recall any data indicating when one might be good to go again. If you ask the reps, they'll tell you to go ahead and apply, which is how at least a couple of members have gotten themselves into this pickle.

Given all that, I'd wait three months, provided you haven't added any other new cards in the meantime.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Warrior2000 wrote:
I impulsed applied even though I knew my UTI was high. They denied me soecifically for that reason. I have paid UTI down a considereable amount from 80% to 30% since 2 weeks ago that I was denied. Once my new UTI is reflected on credit report (after credit cards report), how long should I wait to reaplly?

Just to be clear; are you saying your Aggregate utilization was 80%, or was it the utilization on an individual credit card?

Which Sapphire card did you apply for?

Message 3 of 8
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

My credit card UTI. Credit score at that time was 676, before I paid down CC’s
Message 4 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Not sure if Chase will allow a recon but it's always possible to try. If your UTI is updated and has dropped, I would try giving them a call. I heard you have 30 days for the application and they may do another HP but that's up to you. Did you explain to them what your situation was?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You never wanna seem too desperate. I would wait at least 3 months before reapplying. I would also try bumping up the credit score to at least 700+. 

Message 6 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Warrior2000 wrote:

I'd wait at least 31 days between the apps.  If you were denied for high utilization only, and that has been corrected since, it should be sufficient.

If you are a current Chase customer, you may want to see if you have in branch pre approvals at that time, or do pre-qualification just to gauge your chances.  

Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

You never wanna seem too desperate. I would wait at least 3 months before reapplying. I would also try bumping up the credit score to at least 700+. 

OP does not seem desperate to me at all. If anything, they are planning ahead. That's not desperation. 

In addition, dropping utilization from 80% to 30% might have already pushed them into 700s. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.