Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Credit Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate Credit Limit

This is my first post on here so take it easy. 

Opened a Chase slate card about 7 months ago to begin my credit relationship with Chase after receiving a prequalified offer in the mail.  At the time my only credit cards were a CapOne QuickSilver and a CapOne QS1. I was approved with the minimal starting limit of $500, terrible but hey, it gets my foot in the door. I called last week to try and increase my limit and the rep simply asked how much I wanted. I said $5K being conservative since my CapOne cards had low limits and was instantly approved with a hard pull. My SLATE limit is now $5.5K

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy! I can't feel like I left money on the table though since there was little/no pushback and took a hardpull on $5K. I should have asked for $10 or $15 and if they countered taken it. Any advice on either if A) a future CLI would be a soft pull or B) can I call in and see if the information they pulled would be good enough for a higher limit...without having to take another pull (which I wouldn't do). Does that make sense? Thanks guys! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Credit Limit

Chase will HP for CLI requests.
The “sweet spot” timing for auto increases is roughly 3-5 mo. It seems that those who get the auto demonstrate good usage and need for more CL as well as PIF.
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you dont necessarily need more now just use what you have and build history. When you go to app your next Chase card, your sl could be better but if you have all your exposure on a card that is really only good for an initial balance transfer, you may regret having it at such a high limit.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase auto-CLI aren’t all that common. Not real sure a HP for another increase on the Slate is worth it.
You could always move limits from / to another Chase card if approved later. That may be worth more of a HP than asking for a CLI
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone ever call right after they were given their SL given. Did it require an HP. . ..was it a success.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.