cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate rejection/False reasons for denial/reconsideration date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate rejection/False reasons for denial/reconsideration date?

Have been playing the 0% carousel with Chase, opening a 0% card every 15 months, switching the CL from one to the new one, riding free for 15 months, paying it down to zero, and starting again.

Applied for a Slate 0% and was rejected, but the Adverse Action Report had several things wrong, and I've corrected others.
So 1) what happened on their end and 2) When do I call for reconsideration?

I have Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Southwest Business Cards with 0 balances.
I applied on 10/8, just after seeing FICO scores at all 3 bureaus at 760.

"Our decision was based on the following reasons:
1 or more Chase cards deinquent, bankrupt or in payment program (Untrue)
1 of more Chase has high balance compared to credit line (Untrue)
Balance on (Chase) accounts are high compared to credit lines (untrue)
Trend of only paying minimums (true)"

"We also used your credit score:
Experian
Cpbs Customer POrtfolio Bureau v2
Date Calculated: 8/3/19 <<<< WHAAAAAT?!  That was two months ago!
Score: 675 <<<< Yeah, that was two months ago!

Thoughts?  Much appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Slate rejection/False reasons for denial/reconsideration date?

Sounds to me like Chase got off your carousel.
Feel free to recon, but this wont go anywhere

Honestly, if you want to keep the cards you have, let it go. You'll basically be asking them to take a closer look
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply.  Can you give me a little more detail, in regards to Chase giving a closer look and 

possibly shutting me down entirely?  Is this something others have reported?  Many thanks.

@Remedios wrote:
Sounds to me like Chase got off your carousel.
Feel free to recon, but this wont go anywhere

Honestly, if you want to keep the cards you have, let it go. You'll basically be asking them to take a closer look

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don’t poke the bear. If you search Chase AA in this forum you will see countless reports of Chase shutting peoples credit card down and once that starts, other banks like Amex etc. may take notice. If you have zero balances now, why not just leave it alone? Maybe app with another bank to get a BT card. It is strange that Chase had false stuff in your report. Only you know what was going on at the time but they might be pulling from other financial reporting bureaus...do u have a bank acct with them? Maybe that’s where the delinquency might be?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the cautionary note.  I have no such delinquencies anywhere, so it is a mystery.
I was on the phone with a rep who investigated the ones that were wrong and got them corrected.

Does that change the situation at all?

@Anonymous wrote:
Don’t poke the bear. If you search Chase AA in this forum you will see countless reports of Chase shutting peoples credit card down and once that starts, other banks like Amex etc. may take notice. If you have zero balances now, why not just leave it alone? Maybe app with another bank to get a BT card. It is strange that Chase had false stuff in your report. Only you know what was going on at the time but they might be pulling from other financial reporting bureaus...do u have a bank acct with them? Maybe that’s where the delinquency might be?

Message 5 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

You've been opening and closing Chase cards SUB chasing kindof

Your paying minimum payments

Only 2 months ago you were in mid 670s

If youre only paying thee minimums in Chase cards, what about the rest of your deck?

My opinion, let things cool down for a few months. Get ahead of your balances. Try again on April Fools Day

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you recon, they will see same pattern for which you were denied in a first place.
You're opening same card over and over again, then closing, while increasing limit on other Chase cards.
While chase does allow limits to be reallocated, there is a fine line between using and abusing feature.
You can try making an argument that "they allow it", but just because something is not explicitly prohibited, it does not mean it's allowed.
Your approach lacked moderation. Had you changed Slate to a different Chase card at least once, or kept it longer than needed for next app, you would have been okay most likely

In order to find out if you should be approved or not, just one grumpy/smart UW can take a look at it and decide you're too much of a risky customer, especially in the light of recent financial problems.
Last thing they want to do is give you more credit at this time.
If you stop now, you should be okay.
I have a feeling if you continue trying to play this game, you'll end up with "previously unsatisfactory relationship" denial. That one does not go away for years.
Up to you how you want to proceed.
I'd find a different lender for Merry-Go-Rounds, but that's just me.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.