Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase -Southwest

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase -Southwest

@Anonymous wrote:

I would never be able to answer all of those questions - I mean, my cousins birth month? No way!

I know right! She also asked for my work email address. (It's not even the email I used for the application). She wanted it anyway.  I forgot to add that. It was really odd. 

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would never be able to answer all of those questions - I mean, my cousins birth month? No way!

I know right! She also asked for my work email address. (It's not even the email I used for the application). She wanted it anyway.  I forgot to add that. It was really odd. 

She was probably asking questions about info on your LexisNexis report. Someone was saying that their report listed their email addresses from years ago that they had forgot they even had. Makes you wonder where LexisNexis gets their information from. I used to think they only kept like courts records, vehicle registration, maybe birth, death, marriage, and divorce records, property ownership, etc. But it seems like they have started collecting a heck of a lot more data on us lately... yuck!

Message 12 of 30
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I just went through this same thing apped APR 20  got screen said more info needed to call in i did they asked questions and told me to send in utility bill and DL i faxed mine also but then i read reports of chase saying they cant read Docs they fax machine is from 1972  so i then mailed mine priority  mail. and after speaking to verification mine changed to 7-10 message. then on May 4th i called Robot lady it changed to 2 weeks i said they must have processed my Docs. called next day May 5th i heard u are approved yours is a approval also Congrats but i would mail my docs so u make sure they can read them.

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I just went through this same thing apped APR 20  got screen said more info needed to call in i did they asked questions and told me to send in utility bill and DL i faxed mine also but then i read reports of chase saying they cant read Docs they fax machine is from 1972  so i then mailed mine priority  mail. and after speaking to verification mine changed to 7-10 message. then on May 4th i called Robot lady it changed to 2 weeks i said they must have processed my Docs. called next day May 5th i heard u are approved yours is a approval also Congrats but i would mail my docs so u make sure they can read them.

Thank you very much! Will call them in the morning to get the address.

Message 14 of 30
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Here is the address Chase Bank USA,N.A. P.O. Box 15077 Wilmington DE 19886-5077     there u go

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called the automated line again, & now it says I will be notified in writing within 30 days. I think I'm going to stop checking now. LOL

Good luck with your application!  I know the feeling, I was waiting to be for approved for my Southwest Plus this weekend.  Thought I was going to tear my hair out haha, I think I called the automated line every 3-4hrs or so Smiley Happy.

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

Here is the address Chase Bank USA,N.A. P.O. Box 15077 Wilmington DE 19886-5077     there u go

Thank you! 

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called the automated line again, & now it says I will be notified in writing within 30 days. I think I'm going to stop checking now. LOL

Good luck with your application!  I know the feeling, I was waiting to be for approved for my Southwest Plus this weekend.  Thought I was going to tear my hair out haha, I think I called the automated line every 3-4hrs or so Smiley Happy.

Congrats on your approval! Today is Friday, don't know how I will survive the weekend. LOL. I'm tempted to call again.

Message 18 of 30
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello! Yesterday I applied for the Southwest card. The message said they needed more time. (Something like that) it said I would be notified in writing within 30 days. The automated line was telling me the same.(30 days). So, this morning, after reading a few posts, I called the backdoor verification number. The representative asked me several questions. She asked me things like my cousins birth month, asked about my old jobs, old addresses. She asked for more than one and wanted to know how long I lived at each address. She asked for two different phone numbers. Asked if I had more cell numbers. I spent about 15 mins answering questions. She put me on hold, came back, and told me I needed to fax in my drivers license, and a utility bill. I faxed it about 30 mins ago. Called the automated line again, and now it's saying "thank you for applying. Your application is currently being reviewed. You will be notified in writing within 7-10 business days". Do you guys think this is a denial or approval? Thanks in advance for your replies!

I have quite a bit of experience with them and do know this. If you're calling the automated status line they have (3) prompts

[1] "...in writing in 7-10 business days..." --- denial

[2] "...hear from us  within 2 weeks..." --- approval (thats the time it takes them to generate and mail you the card)

[3] "...in writing within 30 days..." --- 60 Approved/40 Denied, usually those who need to pass security/identity verification get this. 

For the verification, if it was a series of crazy old questions, its identity verification and they're only verifiying that you are the person you claim. once that is 'passed', then your app is sent for a real review leaving you with a 50/50 shot. If your verification had something regarding sending you a text message to you phone while on the call, its still identity verification, but this type is "we want to make sure who we're sending this card to" and tends to lend itself to approved apps. The first type is to "pass" and officially have them submit/review the app; the 2nd is to "pass" and officially approve the actual application. this is common for those those with more than avg apps in the last 6 months (either overall or directly with chase). The SW card takes a bit for approval sometimes (like United) because they wont send you the "You're Approved" notification until SW has created your new membership account so when you get your credit card, you also have all your new member benefits lined up. My United card took 14 days to go from "within 30 days" to "Approved". 

Good Luck to you! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 30
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I called verification for my SW card and I just answered 2 questions and had a text sent to me for verification. Approval for 15k after the text. Maybe they sent it over to lending for a review?.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.