Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer denied

tag
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Chase United Explorer denied

Just applied for the United Explorer yesterday as I was gonna be 4/24 for personal accounts opened(with one AU putting me at 5/24 that I figured I could recon). Got denied and in my attempt to recon I was informed that the BBP I opened late last year was taken into account. I did not try to fight any further but it sounds like either I got an especially unhelpful rep or AmEx business cards count towards 5/24 now. Anyhow figured I'd put this out here in case anyone was interested in the DP.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase United Explorer denied

Sorry to hear about your denial.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CaptJOB wrote:

Just applied for the United Explorer yesterday as I was gonna be 4/24 for personal accounts opened(with one AU putting me at 5/24 that I figured I could recon). Got denied and in my attempt to recon I was informed that the BBP I opened late last year was taken into account. I did not try to fight any further but it sounds like either I got an especially unhelpful rep or AmEx business cards count towards 5/24 now. Anyhow figured I'd put this out here in case anyone was interested in the DP.

How was it determined that it was the BBP card?  
I would not expect someone at Chase to know that card was a BBP?

Message 3 of 9
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CaptJOB wrote:

She only knew it was an AmEx(she listed off all of the accounts I had opened since 3/18) and I stated that it was a small business credit card and not personal and she said they were taking that into account. Used an EIN and not a SSN for that application but from what I can tell they don't care and a HUCA would likely lead to the same result. Would have preferred not to have taken the HPs on EQ and EX but it's not the end of the world.

My biggest disappointment is I'm about to spend 10k on something and would have preffered to rake in some easy SUBs. I don't think it's worth applying for anything else right now as Amex is the only other issuer I'd get products from and I've opened enough accounts with them in the past two years where I feel like I should chill before they decide I'm just a SUB chaser.

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CaptJOB wrote:

I'd agree that any of my AmEx Biz CCs are not on personal reports.  Did the agent specifically call out the Blue Business Plus?  Because even if it reported (which is unlikely) it wouldn't actually show which type of specific product it is.  Unless you are mixing it up with another AmEx CC that was part of the 5/24 mix.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CaptJOB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CaptJOB wrote:

She only knew it was an AmEx(she listed off all of the accounts I had opened since 3/18) and I stated that it was a small business credit card and not personal and she said they were taking that into account. Used an EIN and not a SSN for that application but from what I can tell they don't care and a HUCA would likely lead to the same result. Would have preferred not to have taken the HPs on EQ and EX but it's not the end of the world.

My biggest disappointment is I'm about to spend 10k on something and would have preffered to rake in some easy SUBs. I don't think it's worth applying for anything else right now as Amex is the only other issuer I'd get products from and I've opened enough accounts with them in the past two years where I feel like I should chill before they decide I'm just a SUB chaser.

When did you get your first Amex card?  
It could possibly eventually turn out that Amex is reporting small business cards on personal reports, but I need more to convince me.  
Regular users here are familiar with Chase 5/24 but how many inquiries do you have on your account?  
Are you certain she was counting account openings not inquiries?

It will be very much breaking news if Amex is reporting small business cards on personal reports.

Message 6 of 9
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Hmm that's true. I realized I also opened a personal loan with them back then but as far as I know those also aren't supposed to be taken into consideration... Is it HUCA time?

Edit: Sorry I forgot the card that dropped off last month that should have put me under 5/24(that's not an AU account) is my first AmEx card, a BCE.

Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CaptJOB wrote:

Hmm that's true. I realized I also opened a personal loan with them back then but as far as I know those also aren't supposed to be taken into consideration... Is it HUCA time?

You only get 1 reconsideration attempt these days, as reported by a variety of members who've gone that route.  You can try, but it's likely the results will be the same unless you get lucky.

Message 8 of 9
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CaptJOB wrote:

You only get 1 reconsideration attempt these days, as reported by a variety of members who've gone that route.  You can try, but it's likely the results will be the same unless you get lucky.

Looks like I'll just chalk this one up to an L. C'est la vie.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.