Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer

tag
niko79
Contributor

Chase United Explorer

I applied for the card since I will be travelling for work more often this year. Filled out the application, hit submit, and got the message that my application is "in review", and "we'll let you know in writing of our decision. If you're approved you'll recieve your card in 7 to 10 business days". 

Not sure what that means (first time I got this message), but last time the recon denied me. Should I just wait or call recon again? 
Exterian: 695, TU: 669

Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase United Explorer

The message means exactly what it says but it doesn't tell the full story.  Call the automated message line to monitor status. 

30 days means that the application is still pending review, it's a neutral status.

14 days/2 weeks means it was reviewed with initial tentative positive outcome pending final review.  This status usually but not always means an impending approval.

7-10 days can either mean a denial OR "additional information". "Additional information" does often mean that they need to confirm it was really you who applied.   

If you get 7-10 day status feel free to transfer to talk to a rep and ask them if there's anything they need from you to move your application forward.   If it's simply that they want verification it was you who applied they can often handle that while you're still on the phone.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
niko79
Contributor

Denied and rep would not transfer me for recon. 

Message 3 of 5
keekers
Established Contributor

@niko79 wrote:

Denied and rep would not transfer me for recon. 

Call back and get a different person.

Message 4 of 5
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Sorry about that. 

Chase sucks pond scum and howls at the moon!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.