cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase after BK (finally deleted from reports!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase after BK (finally deleted from reports!)

Did you try to recon with them???
Message 11 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

We are patiently waiting?

Message 12 of 20
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I finally got my BK deleted from all 3 bureaus! Yay! Equifax, of course, waiting the longest. I called today and they said it was gone. Date of BK 10 year would have been 2/16/20, so they did it a little early.

I have been wanting a Chase Sapphire Reserve forever, but I didn’t want to apply and get declined. Now that my credit scores are all back over 800, I think maybe I’ll get approved. Income is about $200k/yr and I have a mtg, auto loan and other credit cards.

Should I apply now or wait for a few more months?

Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

OP, how much did your scores go up once the BK fell off? Also, did you burn Chase in your BK and for how much? I burned Chase in my BK for 5K. I don't ever expect to get back with them unless I pay them back.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think I burned them at all. But our mortgage was with a bank that eventually got bought by Chase, so I’m not sure. Scores went from mid 700s to 820s. I’m just wondering if I should give it a month or so.
Message 14 of 20
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don’t think I burned them at all. But our mortgage was with a bank that eventually got bought by Chase, so I’m not sure. Scores went from mid 700s to 820s. I’m just wondering if I should give it a month or so.

That is awesome. I bet it was cool to see your scores rise that high. If you didn't burn them on a credit card then I would apply. The credit card side isn't going to care about a mortgages or auto loans. All they care about is the credit/revolver side. Your scores aern't going to change much in a month. What matters is the BK's are gone from your CR's.

Message 15 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately while you didn't directly "burn" them, it's retained within internal records. 

Chase hangs onto every little bit of data from every other lender they absorbed along the way. 

They are very aware what happened with your mortgage.  

Whether they got over it or not is whole another story, and the only way to find out is to apply. 

Good luck whenever you decide to apply 

As a point of reference,  I had lates with Providian. I got asked about them more than 15 years later during mortgage process, and there was no "burning" involved, just me not buying stamps.  

Message 16 of 20
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Any updates @OP?

My advise would be this ;

If you don't have any existing accounts with Chase (Checking/Savings), I say go for it as soon as the BKs are gone from all 3 of your CRs and app away as it's the only way to find out if you're on their BL.

But if you do have an existing account, I would suggest to wait 30-45 days after the BK was removed from the last CR which in your case is EQ. The reason being that they might still have a residual copy of your report with the BK that they have when they regularly SP you being a client. It would just suck when a BK from an old file might trip off their algorithm when you app.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied! Got an instant approval for Chase Sapphire Reserve with a SL of $34,000! My highest credit limit post BK! So stoked to have this nightmare behind me! By the way, the automated system said the card would come in 7-10 business days. I called to request expedited shipping. The rep said that this particular card comes UPS 1-2 day priority shipping! Score, score, and score!!!
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So awesome, congrats on your approval! 

Message 19 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied! Got an instant approval for Chase Sapphire Reserve with a SL of $34,000! My highest credit limit post BK! So stoked to have this nightmare behind me! By the way, the automated system said the card would come in 7-10 business days. I called to request expedited shipping. The rep said that this particular card comes UPS 1-2 day priority shipping! Score, score, and score!!!

Congratulations on your approval, @Anonymous!

Since you've been approved this thread is now closed.  If you would like feel free to start a new thread in 'Credit Card Approvals'.

--UB

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.