Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase after BK

I have a ch 7 BK from 6/2013. But since then I’ve done really good with my credit. No missed or late payments. No collections. 2 hard inquiries. I’m at 2/24. Total of 16 open accounts. Two car leases with Chase. I have a Chase checking account. Average age of account is 2yr 9mo. Oldest open card is 5yrs. Utilization at 1%. Available credit about 50k across all credit cards and store cards. I’m wondering if I can get approved with chase. The pre qualify page never shows any offers for me. My scores are EX: 727. TU: 712. EQ: 721. I can get other cards from Amex that I’m pretty qualified for but I wanted to get chase before I fill up 5/24. Is it worth it to try? Or just wait until 2023 when the BK falls off and in the meantime get Amex since by 2023 I’ll be under 5/24 again. Also I am a sole proprietor so I would also like to get into their business cards as well. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase after BK

You have a better shot at business cards than personal cards. If you have a BK showing. Survey says. Nope.

Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Chase is almost always a denial with a BK showing. But since you already have a Chase relationship, why not go into a branch and speak to a supervisor about it.  

Was AmX IIB? If yes, more than likely that will be a denial. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Amex wasn’t. The only credit card was a BoA and the rest was medical bills.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then you should be good to go with AmEx since they require 5 years and one month between BK discharge and card approval. However, be prepared - they may give you low limits and CLIs may be tough until the BK drops off.
Message 5 of 6
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Don’t waste an HP!
Chase is auto decline with a BK reporting. From the most recent DP, BK’ers can’t even recon anymore!
I have Chase Savings and Checking and I’m not burning an HP til 2021!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.