Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase & BOA Applicatins Both Under Review

tag
easy_chap
Established Member

Chase & BOA Applicatins Both Under Review

I applied for a couple of different cards on the 19th.  I applied and was approved for the Citi Double Cash Rewards with a SL of $6,800.  I applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited and got the "we'll let you know in writing in 30 days".  Also, applied for the BOA 123 Rewards, and the application is still under review.  Any thoughts?  I have no inquiries, no new accounts in the last two years, a couple of 30 day lates from about 5-6 years ago, and my EQ is 712, TU 696, EX 694.  My utilization is at 39%. 

Also, I forgot to add, one of my late payments was on a Chase Slate card I had.  I paid it off and closed it.  So there is another factor to consider.  The account was opend 7/2012 and closed 05/2017.  CL was $4,000.  I cannot see on my CB on myfico when the late payment was, so it must have been prior to May 2015.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase & BOA Applicatins Both Under Review

You can call the automated line to check the status for the chase application. If it still says 30 days, you'd have to wait a little more. If it changes to something like 2 weeks you it is mostly approved. If it changes to something like "we'll make a decision within 7-10 days" although its mostly a rejection sometimes it would be for verification as well. BOFA I have no idea as I can never seem to get anything approved for me by them. 

Message 2 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

@easy_chap wrote:

I applied for a couple of different cards on the 19th.  I applied and was approved for the Citi Double Cash Rewards with a SL of $6,800.  I applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited and got the "we'll let you know in writing in 30 days".  Also, applied for the BOA 123 Rewards, and the application is still under review.  Any thoughts?  I have no inquiries, no new accounts in the last two years, a couple of 30 day lates from about 5-6 years ago, and my EQ is 712, TU 696, EX 694.  My utilization is at 39%. 

Also, I forgot to add, one of my late payments was on a Chase Slate card I had.  I paid it off and closed it.  So there is another factor to consider.  The account was opend 7/2012 and closed 05/2017.  CL was $4,000.  I cannot see on my CB on myfico when the late payment was, so it must have been prior to May 2015.

You can call Chase verification department at 1-888-688-6708

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t speak on Chase as I have never gotten a pending from them, but as for BofA, it could very likely be verification.When my SO applied and got the pending message it turned out they needed to verify her identity. I would call their backdoor number (866)618-4585 to see what’s up with that. Good luck!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the BOA Cash Rewards card on Tuesday, Sept. 18 and it went to review. They credit pull didn't even show until the next day, and then yesterday I got the approval email. 

Message 5 of 7
easy_chap
Established Member

I just got the approval email from Bank of America

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.