Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and Citi blacklist?

tag
House2021
Established Contributor

Chase and Citi blacklist?

I heard some banks blacklist customers if they ever default. I previously had to file bankruptcy 13 years ago, I want to open a chase card and do not remember if chase was a card I defaulted on, I know I defaulted on a citi card. Are you permanently blacklisted if you default with Chase or Citi?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase and Citi blacklist?

The circumstances surrounding your particular situation would matter, but some people who IIB Chase or Citi have previously reported eventual success in getting back in. In some cases they were successful less than 13 years after the BK.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 7
mau471
Contributor

I burned Citi (~$10k), Citi Retail ($330) and Chase (~$8k) in a ch 13 in 2015. I have since gotten back in with Citi proper and Chase, but Citi retail recently denied me for previous relationship which I find kind of funny considering the total amount they lost out on and they got partial repayment in my plan but it is what it is.

Message 3 of 7
jcooks
Established Contributor

I burned Chase about 10-11 years ago for about $5k.  Paid for less to a collection agency.  Last year I got back in with 2 recons on the Freedom Flex with a measly $700 SL.  After that, I was instantly approved for CSP for $12k+ and another instant approval for Hyatt for another $12k+.  I kept $10k on CSP and Hyatt and transferred the rest over to my FF.  Going to continue with another Chase card, which would most likely be an ink card or the business Hyatt.  

Message 4 of 7
arifjk
Frequent Contributor

I burned Citi and Chase in BK7 10 years ago. Once the BK dropped off the EX CR, I applied CITI WE Executive Advantage and got approved. Then I applied Chase Amazon VS though I have 8/24 and also got approved.

I think you'll be off their blacklist once the BK is no longer reporting to your CR and if your credit score fits their approval criteria, they will let you back in.

AVEN Visa $80k; BCU LOC $50k; PSECU LOC: $20K; Langley FCU LOC $10K; CuSoCal LOC $25k; BECU LOC: 15k; Apple FCU LOC $20k

Message 5 of 7
claus
Established Member

I didnt even burn chase but they just closed my bank account out of blue and they wont tell me if I can apply cc with them again. 

@mau471 wrote:

I burned Citi (~$10k), Citi Retail ($330) and Chase (~$8k) in a ch 13 in 2015. I have since gotten back in with Citi proper and Chase, but Citi retail recently denied me for previous relationship which I find kind of funny considering the total amount they lost out on and they got partial repayment in my plan but it is what it is.

Message 6 of 7
House2021
Established Contributor

2 recons for freedom flex, how do you do a recon with chase?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.