Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase approved card came its closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase approved card came its closed

Hi everybody i got approved for chase freedom unlimited today card came and i tried to activate its says its closed. Whats should i do?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase approved card came its closed

What did Chase say about it when you called them?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you open other new accounts lately?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt talk with them
No i applied for chase then discover they decline me stating they couldnt verify my informatikn with credit bureau that was weird and i applied for navy i got apporved for 10k. I havent applied for credit card in past 3 years
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this. Applying for two cards after Chase approval may be the problem. But, I was just on the Chase site, it says it's "having issues, some areas & info isn't available.. check back later." I'm not sure "site issues" would show "account closed" but you might check back later. 

If i were you, I'd call the number on the back of your card. Depending on the issue with your account, they may tell you to call M-F during business hours.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, Chase is known to cancel after approval if they see credit seeking behavior but we don't know if that is the case until you call, hopefully it's just verification related issue like your Discover app. Good luck.
Message 6 of 16
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everybody i got approved for chase freedom unlimited today card came and i tried to activate its says its closed. Whats should i do?

Looks like the Chase website is under construction. Got the following message when i login "It looks like part of our site isn't working right now. Some of our services aren't available right now, but you can still make payments and transfer money. Thanks for your patience."

just wait for tomorrow and try again

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 7 of 16
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

and just right now also got the follow "Ultimate Rewards is temporarily unavailablewhile we make improvements. Thanks for your patience. Please check back later.

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase closed your account because you've made multiple applications for credit recently. From your previous thread it appears you made at least 3 applications for credit less than a week.  Since you have a "thin file" with only one credit card issued over 3 years ago this would definitely raise red flags.  The denial from Discover should have been a hint to you not to make any more applications.  It is not unusual for Chase to approve a credit account and then close it if they detect credit seeking behavior.

Contrary to what an earlier comment said, this has nothing to do with verification.  Chase will always verify before issuing the credit card, not after.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, assuming OP's card was approved and is now actually cancelled (not a system glitch), will it still show up on his/her credit reports? as a new account? designated as "closed by credit grantor" ? for 10 years? Is that a good, bad, or neutral thing in terms of scoring?

I'm curious because I might get the same treatment by Citi. Approved for DC with two new (less than a month old) accounts that were already approved but haven't reported yet. Expecting Citi card this week, will be happily surprised if it works.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.