Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase automated versus Chase Human

tag
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Chase automated versus Chase Human

Got the 30 day notice on a Chase Preferred app, and calling into the automated line gets me the "7 to 10 days" message. Thing is it's now pushing 20.

TU 721, EQ 724, 0% CC utilization w/2 auto loans through Chase so not like they don't know my payment history. I am over their 5/24 with 7 inq of which one was them approving the second car loan 

Does calling and talking to a human get any more info than the automated line or are they all working from the same data? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase automated versus Chase Human

5/24 refers to total accounts opened, not inquiries. It doesn't hurt to call and speak to a human, sometimes Chase just needs to verify you're who you said you are.
Message 2 of 11
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Thanks. Appreciate the clarification on 5/24. In all my lurking here I had seen that Chase seems to be seen as inquiry sensitive, and thought that's what the 5/24 was referencing. That said I'm probably over the 5 new accounts in total in the last 24, as the last year has seen me shutting down lower tier lenders cards in favor of higher tier rewards/no fee cards. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're truly over 5/24, more than 5 new open accounts in the last 2 years (even if you have since closed them), you're probably denied. That is a hard rule to circumvent unless you have a pre-approval through a branch.
Message 4 of 11
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Thanks. Yeah, I'm sitting at 5 new in 24..  3x car loans one of which is now closed/paid off,  DiscoverIT with a $7500 SL and an AmexBCE with a $5K SL. All cards I have are PIF before statement date so the only balance reporting is one with a monthly service charge (Merrick w/$2900 SL). That $6 a month drives my OCD crazy not seeing all zeros, but it's my oldest card and I don't particularly want to take the AAoA hit. 

I'll let it bake until sometime this coming week and give them a call if the needle doesn't move I guess.  Appreciate the response. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think auto loans count towards 5/24 but I'm not 100% sure, someone else will need to verify.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 5/24 explained... but there are gray areas in the FAQ's Robot wink

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CCrew wrote:

Got the 30 day notice on a Chase Preferred app, and calling into the automated line gets me the "7 to 10 days" message. Thing is it's now pushing 20.

TU 721, EQ 724, 0% CC utilization w/2 auto loans through Chase so not like they don't know my payment history. I am over their 5/24 with 7 inq of which one was them approving the second car loan 

Does calling and talking to a human get any more info than the automated line or are they all working from the same data? Thanks. 

So what's the word? Approved or Denied? 

I went hard at Chase last week when I dropped to 4/24, applied Ink Cash FIRST, first got 30-day notice now sitting at 7-10 days in writing...

Next, I applied for the CSP, again got 30-day, then 2-week, and today APPROVED/12k CL via phone status check! 

Happy about the latter, but being told I might have sabotaged my Ink app by not waiting for the CIC to clear/process first. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Chase Freedom on Friday @ 7am. For starters, my 5/24 was officially clear on May 23rd, 2018, the day I opened my account. However, many people recommend waiting till the first of the following month to be safe ( so I waited till June 1st). I was given the 30 day message. I called in immediately to the automated, and was told 2 weeks. Because of this, I chose to wait it out. I did have a change of address, and I'm under 21, so I was worried about verification.

Since I had the 2 week message, I waited it out. On Monday @noon, I called the automated, and it changed to approved and gave me my credit limit!

So I think I needed verification (Chase does this a lot), but since I was actually using an old address previously on my credit reports (I'm a college student and move states a lot), I'm sure they waited till Monday to go and double check the address, then approve.

I gained all this from this SUPER useful chart! It explains what all the 30 day, 2 week, and 5-7 day messages mean!

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/65vg85/chase_nonautomatic_approvalreconsideration_guide/

It is was 100% accurate with me, 5-7 days means they hit a snagged and actually mailed you snail-mail, so you should call in. 2 weeks means they're processing.
Message 9 of 11
CCrew
Regular Contributor

@njturtlepower no idea if approved or denied. 

Last called the automated line on Thursday, still stuck at 7-10 days. Called this morning and it rolls me directly to a CSR. They have no idea why it rolled to them, show no application and plugged in my social and nothing comes up. They gave me the direct # for the loan department and said  try to call them. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.