Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase chance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase chance

Hello. I recently applied for Chase Freedom card and yesterday I received denial letter with: too many accounts opened in 2 years. I forgot about my 5th authorized user credit card which I was using for work.
My Experian Fico score is 640.
Next month one of my credit cards will be 2 years and now I am wondering if I will be approved or they will look into my baddies and I will be denied?
I have 6 student loans which have been consolidated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Chase chance

What were the other denial reasons?

Were they resolved?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until your score is 680+ and any late payments are at least a year or more old. If you get a 5/24 rejection then, call them and explained that they are AU cards. But, it won't be worth the inquiries until you're closer to 700. 

Message 3 of 4
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would wait until your score is 680+ and any late payments are at least a year or more old. If you get a 5/24 rejection then, call them and explained that they are AU cards. But, it won't be worth the inquiries until you're closer to 700. 

Agreed. 640 sounds a little low for Chase. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.