cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit card credit limit increase request

tag
John95

Chase credit card credit limit increase request

I have 4 Chase cards(2 personal and 2 business).I heard that you can request a CLI every 6 months.My question is can I request a CLI every 6 months on all my 4 cards or they approve only one card every 6 months just like Amex?
And do I have to give them a number or they will increase it to the max limit they want?
Thanks!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase credit card credit limit increase request

Hi and welcome to the forums
You can request at any time. It can be done via SM, phone call, and some now have a link to request one.
Each request will be a HP (or two)
Results are different for everyone.
You do not need to give them amount you're requesting, because with them, we get what we get
I would space those requests for best results. maybe two cards at the time

Good luck!
Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The CLI cadence and process for Chase is not the same as that of AmEx.

Typically, you can elect a CLI at any time, just not guaranteed. Be aware that you'll likely incur several HPs (sometimes on 2 CRAs) for requesting on all of the cards. They don't usually combine HPs.

What are the current CLs on each of your cards?
Message 3 of 11
John95

Thank you for your information.
I am planning on ask for a CLI on all four cards on the same day but not at the same time.For instance,I will ask for one that once i get approved then i will call again for the second one then third one like that.Will it work?
And can I request a CLI before 6 months?

My another question is that for my Ink preferred and Ink cash I was given only $5k SL each whether I was given very high limit on my first two Chase personal cards.
My score and income was higher while applying for business cards comparing to my personal cards.
Is there any reason you know that they gave me low SL on business cards?
Is it possible to go $20k each on business card after 6 months?
Thank you so much in advance!
Message 4 of 11
John95

Chase freedom: SL was $8k then increased to $14k
Saphire preferred: SL was $23,600.
I applied for both Ink cash and Ink preferred 2 days ago and I was given only $5k each!
I was thinking $30k plus.
Any reason for that low SL?
I haven’t received my cards yet.Yes there any way that I can call them and ask for a CLI now?
My score and reported income was much higher while I applied for 2 business cards
Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@John95 wrote:
I applied for both Ink cash and Ink preferred 2 days ago and I was given only $5k each!
I haven’t received my cards yet.Yes there any way that I can call them and ask for a CLI now?
My score and reported income was much higher while I applied for 2 business cards

Sounds like you're close to the maximum that they can extend to you at this time, based on your income, overall profile and whatever revenue data you provided.  They will not dole out $30K on each of your business cards at this time.  You'll be basically incurring 2 HPs (possibly more) with not much to gain in the end.

An alternate strategy would be (if they still allow it), to reallocate portions of your personal CC limits to the biz CCs.  Someone can correct me if this is still in effect.  Otherwise, leave things be.   Just because you obtained decent CLs on the other 2 CCs, doesn't translate into a cornucopia for the rest of the others.

Message 6 of 11
swpopham
Established Contributor

chase ink team watches the ink cards very closley, if you activly use them and pay them. The limts grow very fast. Once they trust you and see its business spending then the relationship gets good. I started at 5k  on 1 card and end up at 200k, card 2 started at 10k is now at 27k

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 7 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@John95 wrote:

Sounds like you're close to the maximum that they can extend to you at this time, based on your income, overall profile and whatever revenue data you provided.  They will not dole out $30K on each of your business cards at this time.  You'll be basically incurring 2 HPs (possibly more) with not much to gain in the end.

An alternate strategy would be (if they still allow it), to reallocate portions of your personal CC limits to the biz CCs.  Someone can correct me if this is still in effect.  Otherwise, leave things be.   Just because you obtained decent CLs on the other 2 CCs, doesn't translate into a cornucopia for the rest of the others.

I can confirm reading that people on reddit have reported this recently.

Message 8 of 11
John95

Can i use the card for personal use most of the time?
Will it help grow my limit?
Message 9 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@John95 wrote:
Can i use the card for personal use most of the time?
Will it help grow my limit?

Chase is not as lenient as say AMEX when it comes to personal spend on a business card.

Patterns of using a business card for obvious personal spend attact their attention and trigger warning letters. 

Warnings that go unheeded trigger card closures. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.