Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit line inc req or just apply for a card and transfer credit

tag
gngo2007
Established Member

Chase credit line inc req or just apply for a card and transfer credit

I currently have the CSR (15k Lim), and chase freedom (2k) limit, both of which I received before working. My pay has gone up substantially (~136k) since my first application and I have a pretty good history with chase. I know it’s been asked a lot, but at this point I’m wondering if I should just ask chase for a CLI and take the hard pull or if I should apply for a new card (which I guess would be the freedom unlimited which would end up not getting much use since I have the Citi double cash back already..) and transfer the credit line over. other downside to that is that it would lower my average length of credit history..appreciate the help as always!
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase credit line inc req or just apply for a card and transfer credit

Everytime i write a reply post gets moved as im responding lol. Short reply, go for cli if you really need itSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The way I see it it's just a HP so take the chance and see how much they're willing to throw at you. If a new app would prove more fruitful the CFU is not a bad way to complete the trifecta since points earned with that card are worth 2.25 cpp when redeemed with the CSR through the travel portal

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had each card? If around 6 months, and you don't mind a hard pull.... go for it.

Message 4 of 5
Jccflat
Established Contributor

What is a better chance to get a Cli before 6 months with chase or after is Someone is already taking the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.