cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom unlimited denied

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

Re: Chase freedom unlimited denied at 742 FICO..

as expected, you would think 17 ongoing months of exactly what bureauheads look for would be enough, guess not haha then when you try to show a bit more responsibility you get shut down without question, welp.
Message 11 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@elixerin wrote:
as expected, you would think 17 ongoing months of exactly what bureauheads look for would be enough, guess not haha then when you try to show a bit more responsibility you get shut down without question, welp.

IMHO, I think you should slow your roll. You're only 19 for pete's sake. There's is absolutely no reason in this world you need to be accumulating loans and more CCs at this moment in time. They are here today, they will be here tomorrow, next year, and five to 25 years from now. As someone else said, time is on your side. I say, "take advantage of it."

So, I suggest start reading and absorbing all the invaluable and informative posts on this forum to gain more knowledge on how to create a great credit profile. Feel free to ask us a zillion questions if that's what you need to do.

Unfortunately, you have learned the consequences of writing checks when funds aren't available in your account. So make a note to yourself to always pay your CCs on time and to never, ever, ever bounce a check again.

Plan on applying for CCs (bank) a minimum of 6 months apart and always prequalify. There are times where you won't find any prequals but it doesn't necessarily mean you don't qualify for the card. Many get approved that have never gotten a prequalification.

Just remember that all of us were 19 at one time and we didn't have this forum to guide us in the right direction. You're already ahead of the game because you came to the right place for guidance. So again, slow down and remember the tortoise and hare tale--slow and steady wins the race. Time really is on your side.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 23
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Hell yes!!!! Exactly what creditinspired just said I wish I knew about this place earlier in life, I would be miles ahead of where I am now. Again, I couldn’t agree more.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 13 of 23
elixerin
Established Contributor

true true, thanks for the help and guidance. I was just seeking more rewards tbh since i've made my use of cashback bonus match on discover and saw $200 back on cards like the one i was denied for and amex cash magnet, i spend close to $4-6000 almost every month so its just dumb to be waiting when rewards(some of which are higher than my 1% on discover, and ofcourse the welcome bonuses) are RIGHT there lol, please tell me you understand my pain. As for videos and invaluable information ive absorbed i'd say it's quite a bit, from Graham stephan videos to Credit shifu, Ask Sebby so on so forth, i feel comfortable enough to practice what they preach you know... I'll be trying this whole road again in 5-6 more months to test my luck, Thanks for the replies again guys. This Forum is a beast(:

Message 14 of 23
Raisondetre
Contributor

@elixerin wrote:

i spend close to $4-6000 almost every month so its just dumb to be waiting when rewards(some of which are higher than my 1% on discover, and ofcourse the welcome bonuses) are RIGHT there lol, please tell me you understand my pain.

If you really wanted to, you could call up Discover and see if they'll change your Chrome to the Cash Back version, it gets you 5% on certain categories every quarter. Here's the link to see the categories

Not sure if it would be worth it to you but it might help while you wait to get a different card.

Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 15 of 23
elixerin
Established Contributor

just got the denied Discover CLI request in the mail, "insufficient credit experience" is what i got hehe

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all, I need an advise, I had applied for chase for Couple times but every time I do they denied me with same answer is a BK in my credit report, the BK is already more than 7 years, the last time I applied was in September 2019 and I was declined for the same reason the BK so I call to recon and there was no other explanation, I don’t understand I’m not in the 5/24 rule 3 inquieres past 12 months, 100% payment history, my fico as today
Exp 742
Eqfx 745
Trans 750
Credit utilization 12%
If there is anything I’m doing wrong can some one help thank you
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi to all, I need an advise, I had applied for chase for Couple times but every time I do they denied me with same answer is a BK in my credit report, the BK is already more than 7 years, the last time I applied was in September 2019 and I was declined for the same reason the BK so I call to recon and there was no other explanation, I don’t understand I’m not in the 5/24 rule 3 inquieres past 12 months, 100% payment history, my fico as today
Exp 742
Eqfx 745
Trans 750
Credit utilization 12%
If there is anything I’m doing wrong can some one help thank you

Chase does not want any customers that have a BK on their reports. Try when the BK falls off. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

you should start a new thread about chase denying you for a bk

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you should start a new thread about chase denying you for a bk

There's no need. The answer is universal - wait until the BK is gone and try again. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.