Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is a large river in Egypt for me

tag
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Chase is a large river in Egypt for me

Looking a Pizza's sucess in another post, I decided to call in a perform a recon on my application for the Chase Amazon card and long story short Chase wants nothing to do with me.  They listed off 33 inquries over the past 24 months, newly obtained cards the bk and cards with balances.  Yikes.

Oh well.  It's not like I really needed the card.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase is a large river in Egypt for me

Sorry you didn't have good luck , you will get there OP , just takes some of us a bit longer .
Message 2 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Gotta get a recon agent that isn't angry at life.. usually can tell by their voice when you call if you want to deal with them or not .. hang up if sounds like an unpleasant one and call back.  Luck and mood of UW plays a big role as Pizza has alot more inquires and new accounts than yourself

Message 3 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@CC  "Gotta get a recon agent that isn't angry at life"

All the Chase agents that get fired for poor attitudes go to work for Equifax

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 25
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Guess it's time to Recon like it's 1999.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the the recon not going well. I had a similiar situation but with Barclay with a unsuccessful recon unfortunately for me they write down all the information from previous calls. So when i tried to get another Rep i was told " sir you just called a few minutes ago and spoke to someone about this". Hopefully this isnt the case and you will be successful with another Rep . Good Luck !!

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree recon again! Talk to someone else
Message 7 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry about the denial but we have to be realistic, who can turn down Pizza? Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 25
sjt
Senior Contributor

@oldman425 wrote:

Looking a Pizza's sucess in another post, I decided to call in a perform a recon on my application for the Chase Amazon card and long story short Chase wants nothing to do with me.  They listed off 33 inquries over the past 24 months, newly obtained cards the bk and cards with balances.  Yikes.

Oh well.  It's not like I really needed the card.

Call again.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 25
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I'm out of the game for now, we just found out our landlord is being foreclosed on and we need to work towards getting a mortgage instead.  Thanks for all the advice.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.