Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase known glitch and they wont fix it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase known glitch and they wont fix it

I was checking out the Chase Journey site and saw I had a pre qualify for the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase sapphire preferred, and slate. green lil check marks, locked in apr rates etc. 

I app'd for the unlimited card first and got approved for 3300. I called customer service about getting it expressed shipped. The rep suggusted I should look into the sapphire preferred. I slept on it and after reading many people getting great luck with apping for 2 cards in the 24 hours and getting them I decided why not. Worst case I would be declined. 

App'd for the sapphire preferred. Approved for 5100.00

Follwing day I called customer service and asked for it to be expressed out as well. They said thats awesome you got both cards!

Fast forward 2 days later. I get a call from chase stating upon further review. I was declined sapphire preferred. The reason behind it was that it was a "systematic error" and by default. It closed out the 2nd card. 

I spoke to 4 reps. One was finally honest with me and said this problem has been going on for a while. Really did upset me. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase known glitch and they wont fix it

OP, this has been the latest trend from what's been reported on here and other online sources as well.

It's technically not a glitch per se since in the past it was common for folks to double if not triple dip with Chase apps. Adverse Action is the new sheriff in town, sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Essentially, Chase has become more prone to secondary risk reviews (after the fact) and are starting to crack down on these kinds of things, but at least one of your apps was approved.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I read a lil deeper into this before trying to do that. A friend of mine has mid 600s and got all 3 cards a few weeks ago. I am in the low 700s with about 35% credit ut. His credit ut is 53%. Younger than me etc. I figured well I should have an issue. HA

What seems to be the rule of the thumb with chase now? 

Message 3 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

If it's known that a second card is going to result in a denial, reps shouldn't be encouraging people to apply for second cards.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I expressed that very firmly. I just got the generic "i will type this up as some very important feedback" 4 different times. Really surprised they had no way of fixing or trying to make things right. 

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Typically, once the PRR team acts on such Adverse Action, the decision is final and there's nothing an analyst or senior UW can do to override.

So, it doesn't mean that you can't apply for that (closed) card down the road, it just means you have to wait for a while until the dust settles.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.