Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase offer and 5/24

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

Chase offer and 5/24

So I have a green check mark with a 50k CSP listed in my offers. It shows a solid, single APR (not a range), but the pre-qual site says nay. Trick here is I’m at 5/24.

I have a feeling this isn’t worth doing, but correct me if I’m wrong.
EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase offer and 5/24

I would walk into a branch and start the conversation there, not with the online tool.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was 6/24, had offers for CSP & Freedom... went for CSP, immediate approval.

I thought about doing the Freedom at the same time. Decided to get the AmazonPrime Visa since I Amazon a lot. Now, I'm kinda sorry for not doing the Freedom GreenCK offer. But supposedly the offers come about every 6mo.. I hope.

For.a while the GreenCK offers were not solid. Now, they appear to be. Unless your profile has changed a lot. I've only seen one person post they were denied w/GrCK offer. That person had gotten a lot of new credit, evidently spooked Chase.

Message 3 of 11
jl4
Established Contributor

I forgot to mention this in my post but a few weeks ago—actually closer to a month (June 8th), I had the check mark with the same offer but with an APR range. Was denied. The letter said only that I hit the 5/24 ceiling.

There is a Chase branch literally across the street 😂
Message 4 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Maybe just wait and get CSR? Or is CSR overkill, given your Prestige? Saving that app flexibility for Platinum?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the range apr GreenCK offers also. I was so happy! Until I read ppl were getting denied. More & more got denied. I never tried. Then at the end of May, the offers changed back to single apr, income, phone & ppl were getting approved. As more & more posted, I had to try. Glad I did. A few posted they didn't get immediate approvals, but everyone that called in got approved with additional info. Just the one denial.

Some of the ppl that had applied with range apr & denied, tried again, got in with single apr.

Tough choice. Please post if you apply. Good luck.

@jl4 wrote:
I forgot to mention this in my post but a few weeks ago—actually closer to a month (June 8th), I had the check mark with the same offer but with an APR range. Was denied. The letter said only that I hit the 5/24 ceiling.

There is a Chase branch literally across the street 😂

Message 6 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jl4 wrote:
So I have a green check mark with a 50k CSP listed in my offers. It shows a solid, single APR (not a range), but the pre-qual site says nay. Trick here is I’m at 5/24.

I have a feeling this isn’t worth doing, but correct me if I’m wrong.

It has been reported recently that a green check mark offer once again overcomes 5/24. So if I were you I would go for it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I got my CSP and late in January 2017 with green checkmarks, both while LOL/24.  DW got her CSP being slight_chuckle/24 late last year, before the green checkmark offers changed.

Previously, it was giving a solid APR and only asking the basic income question to accept the offer.  That seemed to always override 5/24.  It changed recently to asking for a lot more information and was no longer bypassing 5/24.  Even more recently, it's returned to the way it was in 2017 and has worked for all but the one poster that was mentioned.

Regarding that poster, it's important to note that they had their reports locked, so when they called they had to be manually reviewed and were denied for a lot of very recently opened accounts and inquiries.  That's an outlier and I don't think it should count as "denied by being over 5/24 on a green checkmark offer."  Under normal circumstances, the approval is there waiting for you to click Accept.

Message 8 of 11
jl4
Established Contributor

So I bit the bullet last night. As KiB said, the only prompts I had were income and last 4. I received the 30-day notice. Called the automated line this morning at it’s giving me the “2 weeks” message. This is better than last time that went straight to 7-10.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im at 7/24 right now and I have two offers one for the freedom and one for the freedom unlimited. Im so tempted to try and apply it just asking for my gross income sooo tempted 😩
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.